The management of intra-abdominal infections from a global perspective: 2017 WSES guidelines for management of intra-abdominal infections
JournalWorld Journal of Emergency Surgery
PublisherBioMed Central Ltd.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIntra-abdominal infections (IAIs) are common surgical emergencies and have been reported as major contributors to non-trauma deaths in the emergency departments worldwide. The cornerstones of effective treatment of IAIs are early recognition, adequate source control, and appropriate antimicrobial therapy. Prompt resuscitation of patients with ongoing sepsis is of utmost important. In hospitals worldwide, non-acceptance of, or lack of access to, accessible evidence-based practices and guidelines result in overall poorer outcome of patients suffering IAIs. The aim of this paper is to promote global standards of care in IAIs and update the 2013 WSES guidelines for management of intra-abdominal infections. Copyright 2017 The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85021924038&doi=10.1186%2fs13017-017-0141-6&partnerID=40&md5=666526279199a92526a99d8b3c69229b; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/9998
- Management of intra-abdominal infections: recommendations by the WSES 2016 consensus conference.
- Authors: Sartelli M, Catena F, Abu-Zidan FM, Ansaloni L, Biffl WL, Boermeester MA, Ceresoli M, Chiara O, Coccolini F, De Waele JJ, Di Saverio S, Eckmann C, Fraga GP, Giannella M, Girardis M, Griffiths EA, Kashuk J, Kirkpatrick AW, Khokha V, Kluger Y, Labricciosa FM, Leppaniemi A, Maier RV, May AK, Malangoni M, Martin-Loeches I, Mazuski J, Montravers P, Peitzman A, Pereira BM, Reis T, Sakakushev B, Sganga G, Soreide K, Sugrue M, Ulrych J, Vincent JL, Viale P, Moore EE
- Issue date: 2017
- Antimicrobial management of intra-abdominal infections: literature's guidelines.
- Authors: Sartelli M, Catena F, Coccolini F, Pinna AD
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 7
- Intra-abdominal and pelvic emergencies.
- Authors: Singh S, Khardori NM
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- Clinical challenges and unmet needs in the management of complicated intra-abdominal infections.
- Authors: Mazuski JE
- Issue date: 2005
- Role of moxifloxacin for the treatment of community-acquired [corrected] complicated intra-abdominal infections in Taiwan.
- Authors: Lau YJ, Chen YH, Huang CT, Lee WS, Liu CY, Liu JW, Liu HD, Lee YJ, Chen CW, Ko WC, Hsueh PR
- Issue date: 2012 Feb