Patterns of Systemic Hypertension among Adults with Perinatally Acquired HIV
JournalJournal of the International Association of Providers of AIDS Care
PublisherSAGE Publications Inc.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPatients with perinatally acquired HIV may be at risk for the development of age-related non-AIDS diseases. The primary aim of this study was to describe patterns of systemic hypertension among a cohort of adults (≥18 years) with perinatally acquired HIV. A retrospective cohort study was conducted among adults (≥18 years) with perinatally acquired HIV infection. Primary outcomes included documentation of systemic hypertension as well as several additional non-AIDS-associated illnesses. Systemic hypertension incidence rates and rate ratios (RRs) were calculated among groups aged ≥18 and <18 years at the time of hypertension diagnosis. The overall prevalence of hypertension in the cohort (N = 109) was 26.6%, and the incidence rate of hypertension was significantly higher among those aged ≥18 years compared to those who are aged <18 years at the time of diagnosis (RR: 10.0, CI: 7.29-13.71). By multivariable analysis, only coexisting renal disease was associated with an increased risk of hypertension diagnosis. Copyright The Author(s) 2016.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85009727621&doi=10.1177%2f2325957416668034&partnerID=40&md5=1274c1b09b770624fce8390a741fd545; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/9930
- Oral hairy leukoplakia in two children with perinatally acquired HIV-1 infection.
- Authors: Mannelli F, Galli L, Ficarra G, Romagnoli P, Vierucci S, de Martino M
- Issue date: 1995 Feb
- HIV infection and zidovudine use in childbearing women.
- Authors: Sia J, Paul S, Martin RM, Cross H
- Issue date: 2004 Dec
- Continuum of Care Among People Living with Perinatally Acquired HIV Infection in New York City, 2014.
- Authors: Xia Q, Shah D, Gill B, Torian LV, Braunstein SL
- Issue date: 2016 Jul-Aug
- Trends in hospitalizations among children and young adults with perinatally acquired HIV.
- Authors: Berry SA, Gebo KA, Rutstein RM, Althoff KN, Korthuis PT, Gaur AH, Spector SA, Warford R, Yehia BR, Agwu AL, HIV Research Network.
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Paediatric HIV infection.
- Authors: Friesen H
- Issue date: 1996 Sep