Genomic analysis identifies frequent deletions of Dystrophin in olfactory neuroblastoma
PublisherNature Publishing Group
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOlfactory neuroblastoma (ONB) is a rare malignant neoplasm arising in the upper portion of the sinonasal cavity. To better understand the genetic bases for ONB, here we perform whole exome and whole genome sequencing as well as single nucleotide polymorphism array analyses in a series of ONB patient samples. Deletions involving the dystrophin (DMD) locus are found in 12 of 14 (86%) tumors. Interestingly, one of the remaining tumors has a deletion in LAMA2, bringing the number of ONBs with deletions of genes involved in the development of muscular dystrophies to 13 or 93%. This high prevalence implicates an unexpected functional role for genes causing hereditary muscular dystrophies in ONB. Copyright 2018, The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85058922288&doi=10.1038%2fs41467-018-07578-z&partnerID=40&md5=8ca11a52caef057d92d6eaed2eecb241; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/9749
- Comprehensive Molecular Profiling of Olfactory Neuroblastoma Identifies Potentially Targetable <i>FGFR3</i> Amplifications.
- Authors: Lazo de la Vega L, McHugh JB, Cani AK, Kunder K, Walocko FM, Liu CJ, Hovelson DH, Robinson D, Chinnaiyan AM, Tomlins SA, Harms PW
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Concurrent exome-targeted next-generation sequencing and single nucleotide polymorphism array to identify the causative genetic aberrations of isolated Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome.
- Authors: Chen MJ, Wei SY, Yang WS, Wu TT, Li HY, Ho HN, Yang YS, Chen PL
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Paired tumor and normal whole genome sequencing of metastatic olfactory neuroblastoma.
- Authors: Weiss GJ, Liang WS, Izatt T, Arora S, Cherni I, Raju RN, Hostetter G, Kurdoglu A, Christoforides A, Sinari S, Baker AS, Metpally R, Tembe WD, Phillips L, Von Hoff DD, Craig DW, Carpten JD
- Issue date: 2012
- Ectopic primary olfactory neuroblastoma of the nasopharynx: A case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Caldwell NJ, Sato TS
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Frequent expression of somatostatin receptor 2a in olfactory neuroblastomas: a new and distinctive feature.
- Authors: Czapiewski P, Kunc M, Gorczyński A, Haybaeck J, Okoń K, Reszec J, Lewczuk A, Dzierzanowski J, Karczewska J, Biernat W, Turri-Zanoni M, Castelnuovo P, Taverna C, Franchi A, La Rosa S, Sessa F, Klöppel G
- Issue date: 2018 Sep