Establishment of the first International Standard for human anti-typhoid capsular Vi polysaccharide IgG
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVi capsular polysaccharide (Vi) conjugate vaccines, which can prevent typhoid in infants and young children, are being developed. Comparative immunogenicity studies are facilitated by an International Standard (IS) for human anti-Vi IgG. 16/138, a pool of sera from volunteers which received either Vi conjugate vaccine or plain Vi vaccine, was assessed as an IS alongside U.S. reference reagent Vi-IgG R1, 2011 . Samples were tested in a commercial ELISA (n = 7), a standardised ELISA based on biotinylated Vi (n = 7) and in-house ELISAs (n = 7). Valid estimates were obtained for the potency of all samples in the commercial ELISA, and the commutability of 16/138 and Vi-IgG R1, 2011 was evident for the commercial ELISA and in-house ELISAs based on a coating of Vi and protein. The WHO Expert Committee on Biological Standardization established 16/138 as the first IS for anti-Vi IgG with 100 IU per ampoule and assigned 163 IU per vial of Vi-IgG R1, 2011 . Copyright 2018
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85056314133&doi=10.1016%2fj.biologicals.2018.09.001&partnerID=40&md5=8f6cfeabb7aa447109c778733f6ccfc1; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/9672
- Evaluation of a standardised Vi poly-l-lysine ELISA for serology of Vi capsular polysaccharide antibodies.
- Authors: Rigsby P, Beamish E, Hockley J, Atkinson E, Hitri K, Jones E, Yang JS, Qadri F, Bachtiar NS, Elias SC, Goel A, Mishra R, Dugyala R, Pasetti MF, Meiring JE, Mbewe M, Gordon MA, Pollard AJ, Logan A, Rijpkema S, anti-Vi IgG working group
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Comparison of anti-Vi IgG responses between two clinical studies of typhoid Vi conjugate vaccines (Vi-DT vs Vi-TT).
- Authors: Lee EY, Park JY, Kim DR, Song M, Sahastrabuddhe S, Kim H, Chon Y, Yang JS
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- A Salmonella typhi Vi conjugate vaccine.
- Authors: Koul PA
- Issue date: 2001 Aug 16
- A phase 1 randomized safety, reactogenicity, and immunogenicity study of Typhax: A novel protein capsular matrix vaccine candidate for the prevention of typhoid fever.
- Authors: Cartee RT, Thanawastien A, Griffin Iv TJ, Mekalanos JJ, Bart S, Killeen KP
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Re-examination of immune response and estimation of anti-Vi IgG protective threshold against typhoid fever-based on the efficacy trial of Vi conjugate in young children.
- Authors: Szu SC, Klugman KP, Hunt S
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 25