A phase 1 clinical trial evaluating marizomib, pomalidomide and low-dose dexamethasone in relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma (NPI-0052-107): final study results
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
PublisherBlackwell Publishing Ltd
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMarizomib (MRZ) is an irreversible, pan‐subunit proteasome inhibitor (PI) in clinical development for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (RRMM) and glioma. This study analysed MRZ, pomalidomide (POM) and low‐dose dexamethasone (Lo‐DEX) [PMD] in RRMM to evaluate safety and determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and/or recommended Phase 2 dose (RP2D). Intravenous MRZ (0·3–0·5 mg/m2) was administered over 2 h on days 1, 4, 8, 11; POM (3–4 mg) on days 1–21; and Lo‐DEX (5 or 10 mg) on days 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 22 and 23 of every 28‐day cycle. Thirty‐eight patients were enrolled that had received a median of 4 (range 1–10) prior lines of therapy; all patients received prior lenalidomide and bortezomib. No dose‐limiting toxicities (DLTs) were observed and 0·5 mg/m2 MRZ was determined to be the RP2D. The most common treatment‐related ≥Grade 3 adverse events were: neutropenia (11/38 patients: 29%), pneumonia (4/38 patients 11%), anaemia (4/38 patients; 11%) and thrombocytopenia (4/38 patients; 11%). The overall response rate and clinical benefit rate was 53% (19/36) and 64% (23/36), respectively. In conclusion, PMD was well tolerated and demonstrated promising activity in heavily pre‐treated, high‐risk RRMM patients. Copyright 2017 John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85039432452&doi=10.1111%2fbjh.14987&partnerID=40&md5=b8720a30437e1e687bdfa08ef43f9b04; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/9665
- Phase 1 study of marizomib in relapsed or relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma: NPI-0052-101 Part 1.
- Authors: Richardson PG, Zimmerman TM, Hofmeister CC, Talpaz M, Chanan-Khan AA, Kaufman JL, Laubach JP, Chauhan D, Jakubowiak AJ, Reich S, Trikha M, Anderson KC
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 2
- Pomalidomide, bortezomib and low-dose dexamethasone in lenalidomide-refractory and proteasome inhibitor-exposed myeloma.
- Authors: Richardson PG, Hofmeister CC, Raje NS, Siegel DS, Lonial S, Laubach J, Efebera YA, Vesole DH, Nooka AK, Rosenblatt J, Doss D, Zaki MH, Bensmaine A, Herring J, Li Y, Watkins L, Chen MS, Anderson KC
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Pomalidomide, bortezomib, and dexamethasone for patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma previously treated with lenalidomide (OPTIMISMM): a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Richardson PG, Oriol A, Beksac M, Liberati AM, Galli M, Schjesvold F, Lindsay J, Weisel K, White D, Facon T, San Miguel J, Sunami K, O'Gorman P, Sonneveld P, Robak P, Semochkin S, Schey S, Yu X, Doerr T, Bensmaine A, Biyukov T, Peluso T, Zaki M, Anderson K, Dimopoulos M, OPTIMISMM trial investigators.
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Indatuximab ravtansine plus dexamethasone with lenalidomide or pomalidomide in relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma: a multicentre, phase 1/2a study.
- Authors: Kelly KR, Ailawadhi S, Siegel DS, Heffner LT, Somlo G, Jagannath S, Zimmerman TM, Munshi NC, Madan S, Chanan-Khan A, Lonial S, Chandwani S, Minasyan A, Ruehle M, Barmaki-Rad F, Abdolzade-Bavil A, Rharbaoui F, Herrmann-Keiner E, Haeder T, Wartenberg-Demand A, Anderson KC
- Issue date: 2021 Nov
- Safety and efficacy of pomalidomide, dexamethasone and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin for patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma.
- Authors: Cohen A, Spektor TM, Stampleman L, Bessudo A, Rosen PJ, Klein LM, Woliver T, Flam M, Eshaghian S, Nassir Y, Maluso T, Swift RA, Vescio R, Berenson JR
- Issue date: 2018 Jan