A new category stent with novel polyphosphazene surface modification
PublisherFuture Medicine Ltd.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe COBRA-PzF™ (CeloNova BioSciences, Inc., TX, USA) is a new type of coronary stent composed of a cobalt chromium metallic backbone surrounded by a nanothin layer of Polyzene-F (PzF) without any added drug. Evidence from basic studies supports antithrombotic and anti-inflammatory properties for the PzF surface coating. Preclinical studies support the thromboresistance of PzF-coated surfaces and clinical studies have shown good outcomes for patients receiving this device with very low rates of stent thrombosis. COBRA-PzF may be especially useful in patients at high risk for bleeding. Ongoing clinical trials will determine whether shortening the duration of dual antiplatelet therapy to less than 1 month is feasible and these data may represent a new paradigm with regards to patients at high risk for bleeding. Copyright 2018 Future Medicine Ltd.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85048968939&doi=10.2217%2ffca-2017-0103&partnerID=40&md5=32a19e81bc76978b92766305a262d236; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/9386
- Reduction of late in-stent stenosis in a porcine coronary artery model by cobalt chromium stents with a nanocoat of polyphosphazene (Polyzene-F).
- Authors: Stampfl U, Sommer CM, Thierjung H, Stampfl S, Lopez-Benitez R, Radeleff B, Berger I, Richter GM
- Issue date: 2008 Nov-Dec
- MAPT (Mono Antiplatelet Therapy) as Regular Regimen After COBRA PzF™ NanoCoated Coronary Stent (NCS) Implantation.
- Authors: Maillard L, Vochelet F, Peycher P, Ayari A, Barra N, Billé J, Joly P, Silvestri M, Sévilla J, Tavildari A
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- 9-Month Clinical and Angiographic Outcomes of the COBRA Polyzene-F NanoCoated Coronary Stent System.
- Authors: Cutlip DE, Garratt KN, Novack V, Barakat M, Meraj P, Maillard L, Erglis A, Jauhar R, Popma JJ, Stoler R, Silber S, PzF SHIELD Trial Investigators.
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 23
- A case report of the new Polyzene™-F COBRA PzF™ Nanocoated Coronary Stent System (NCS): Addressing an unmet clinical need.
- Authors: Styllou P, Silber S
- Issue date: 2016 Apr-May
- Preclinical evaluation of a novel polyphosphazene surface modified stent.
- Authors: Koppara T, Sakakura K, Pacheco E, Cheng Q, Zhao X, Acampado E, Finn AV, Barakat M, Maillard L, Ren J, Deshpande M, Kolodgie FD, Joner M, Virmani R
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 1