A new category stent with novel polyphosphazene surface modification
PublisherFuture Medicine Ltd.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe COBRA-PzF™ (CeloNova BioSciences, Inc., TX, USA) is a new type of coronary stent composed of a cobalt chromium metallic backbone surrounded by a nanothin layer of Polyzene-F (PzF) without any added drug. Evidence from basic studies supports antithrombotic and anti-inflammatory properties for the PzF surface coating. Preclinical studies support the thromboresistance of PzF-coated surfaces and clinical studies have shown good outcomes for patients receiving this device with very low rates of stent thrombosis. COBRA-PzF may be especially useful in patients at high risk for bleeding. Ongoing clinical trials will determine whether shortening the duration of dual antiplatelet therapy to less than 1 month is feasible and these data may represent a new paradigm with regards to patients at high risk for bleeding. Copyright 2018 Future Medicine Ltd.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85048968939&doi=10.2217%2ffca-2017-0103&partnerID=40&md5=32a19e81bc76978b92766305a262d236; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/9386
- Reduction of late in-stent stenosis in a porcine coronary artery model by cobalt chromium stents with a nanocoat of polyphosphazene (Polyzene-F).
- Authors: Stampfl U, Sommer CM, Thierjung H, Stampfl S, Lopez-Benitez R, Radeleff B, Berger I, Richter GM
- Issue date: 2008 Nov-Dec
- 9-Month Clinical and Angiographic Outcomes of the COBRA Polyzene-F NanoCoated Coronary Stent System.
- Authors: Cutlip DE, Garratt KN, Novack V, Barakat M, Meraj P, Maillard L, Erglis A, Jauhar R, Popma JJ, Stoler R, Silber S, PzF SHIELD Trial Investigators.
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 23
- A case report of the new Polyzene™-F COBRA PzF™ Nanocoated Coronary Stent System (NCS): Addressing an unmet clinical need.
- Authors: Styllou P, Silber S
- Issue date: 2016 Apr-May
- Preclinical evaluation of a novel polyphosphazene surface modified stent.
- Authors: Koppara T, Sakakura K, Pacheco E, Cheng Q, Zhao X, Acampado E, Finn AV, Barakat M, Maillard L, Ren J, Deshpande M, Kolodgie FD, Joner M, Virmani R
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 1
- Safety and efficacy of biodegradable polymer-coated sirolimus-eluting stents in "real-world" practice: 18-month clinical and 9-month angiographic outcomes.
- Authors: Han Y, Jing Q, Xu B, Yang L, Liu H, Shang X, Jiang T, Li Z, Zhang H, Li H, Qiu J, Liu Y, Li Y, Chen X, Gao R, CREATE (Multi-Center Registry of Excel Biodegradable Polymer Drug-Eluting Stents) Investigators.
- Issue date: 2009 Apr