Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta (REBOA): An updated review
JournalRevista do Colegio Brasileiro de Cirurgioes
PublisherColegio Brasileiro de Cirurgioes
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn a current scenario where trauma injury and its consequences account for 9% of the worlds causes of death, the management of noncompressible torso hemorrhage can be problematic. With the improvement of medicine, the approach of these patients must be accurate and immediate so that the consequences may be minimal. Therefore, aiming the ideal method, studies have led to the development of Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta (REBOA). This procedure has been used at select trauma centers as a resuscitative adjunct for trauma patients with non-compressible torso hemorrhage. Although the use of this technique is increasing, its effectiveness is still not clear. This article aims, through a detailed review, to inform an updated view about this procedure, its technique, variations, benefits, limitations and future. Copyright 2018, Colegio Brasileiro de Cirurgioes. All rights reserved.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85044772802&doi=10.1590%2f0100-6991e-20181709&partnerID=40&md5=89aaca5e0e906e1250e5affbc9908963; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/9274
- Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta for control of noncompressible truncal hemorrhage in the abdomen and pelvis.
- Authors: Moore LJ, Martin CD, Harvin JA, Wade CE, Holcomb JB
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- [Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta : Option for incompressible trunk bleeding?]
- Authors: Knapp J, Bernhard M, Haltmeier T, Bieler D, Hossfeld B, Kulla M
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- A meta-analysis of resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta (REBOA) or open aortic cross-clamping by resuscitative thoracotomy in non-compressible torso hemorrhage patients.
- Authors: Manzano Nunez R, Naranjo MP, Foianini E, Ferrada P, Rincon E, García-Perdomo HA, Burbano P, Herrera JP, García AF, Ordoñez CA
- Issue date: 2017
- Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta.
- Authors: Qasim Z, Brenner M, Menaker J, Scalea T
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- The complications associated with Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta (REBOA).
- Authors: Ribeiro Junior MAF, Feng CYD, Nguyen ATM, Rodrigues VC, Bechara GEK, de-Moura RR, Brenner M
- Issue date: 2018