The complications associated with Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta (REBOA)
JournalWorld Journal of Emergency Surgery
PublisherBioMed Central Ltd.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNon-compressible torso hemorrhage (NCTH) remains a significant cause of morbidity and mortality in the field of trauma and emergency medicine. In recent times, there has been a resurgence in the adoption of Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta (REBOA) for patients who present with NCTH. Like all medical procedures, there are benefits and risks associated with the REBOA technique. However, in the case of REBOA, these complications are not unanimously agreed upon with varying viewpoints and studies. This article aims to review the current knowledge surrounding the complications of the REBOA technique at each step of its application. Copyright 2018 The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85046621513&doi=10.1186%2fs13017-018-0181-6&partnerID=40&md5=b3a682bc7795a7335eaa03810d3e0b92; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/9243
- Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta: A Review for Emergency Clinicians.
- Authors: Long B, Hafen L, Koyfman A, Gottlieb M
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta for control of noncompressible truncal hemorrhage in the abdomen and pelvis.
- Authors: Moore LJ, Martin CD, Harvin JA, Wade CE, Holcomb JB
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Effect of resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta in hemodynamically unstable patients with multiple severe torso trauma: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Otsuka H, Sato T, Sakurai K, Aoki H, Yamagiwa T, Iizuka S, Inokuchi S
- Issue date: 2018
- Intraoperative combination of resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta and a median sternotomy in hemodynamically unstable patients with penetrating chest trauma: Is this feasible?
- Authors: Ordoñez CA, Parra MW, Manzano-Nunez R, Herrera-Escobar JP, Serna JJ, Rodriguez Ossa P, Mejia D, Del Valle AM, Salcedo A, Salamea JC, Rodriguez F
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta (REBOA): a population based gap analysis of trauma patients in England and Wales.
- Authors: Barnard EB, Morrison JJ, Madureira RM, Lendrum R, Fragoso-Iñiguez M, Edwards A, Lecky F, Bouamra O, Lawrence T, Jansen JO
- Issue date: 2015 Dec