Increasing uptake of comparative effectiveness and patient-centered outcomes research among stakeholders: Insights from conference discussion
JournalJournal of Comparative Effectiveness Research
PublisherFuture Medicine Ltd.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe goal of comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) is to improve health outcomes by providing stakeholders with evidence directly relevant to decision making. In January 2017, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association Foundation, alongside the Academy for Managed Care Pharmacy, organized a conference aimed at engaging experts and opinion leaders representing clinicians, patients and payers to identify and discuss barriers and strategies to enhancing uptake and use of CER/PCOR. This report summarizes the conference discussion in the following sections: preconference survey; summary of barriers and strategies to the uptake of CER/PCOR identified by conference attendees; and future perspectives on the field. Copyright 2018 2018 Ernest Law.
SponsorsE Law was supported by the UIC/Takeda Health Economics and Outcomes Research Fellowship (2014–2016). E Oehrlein is supported by a PhRMA Foundation Fellowship in Health Outcomes. She also receives research support from Pfizer.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85042697374&doi=10.2217%2fcer-2017-0060&partnerID=40&md5=e600fecd84020b0861cfad53bc8478f9; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/9176
- Comparative effectiveness and patient-centered outcomes research: enhancing uptake and use by patients, clinicians and payers.
- Authors: Schumock GT, Pickard AS
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Attitudes toward comparative effectiveness research and patient engagement among reproductive health clinicians.
- Authors: Kohn J, Unger Z, Dolatshahi J, Simons H, Rein A
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- A tall order on a tight timeframe: stakeholder perspectives on comparative effectiveness research using electronic clinical data.
- Authors: Holve E, Lopez MH, Scott L, Segal C
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Insights from a conference on implementing comparative effectiveness research through shared decision-making.
- Authors: Politi MC, Clayman ML, Fagerlin A, Studts JL, Montori V
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Young adult and parent stakeholder perspectives on participation in patient-centered comparative effectiveness research.
- Authors: Saunders T, Mackie TI, Shah S, Gooding H, de Ferranti SD, Leslie LK
- Issue date: 2016 Aug