Evidence for a hierarchical transcriptional circuit in Drosophila male germline involving testis-specific TAF and two gene-specific transcription factors, Mod and Acj6
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo analyze transcription factors involved in gene regulation by testis-specific TAF (tTAF), tTAF-dependent promoters were mapped and analyzed in silico. Core promoters show decreased AT content, paucity of classical promoter motifs, and enrichment with translation control element CAAAATTY. Scanning of putative regulatory regions for known position frequency matrices identified 19 transcription regulators possibly contributing to tTAF-driven gene expression. Decreased male fertility associated with mutation in one of the regulators, Acj6, indicates its involvement in male reproduction. Transcriptome study of testes from male mutants for tTAF, Acj6, and previously characterized tTAF-interacting factor Modulo implies the existence of a regulatory hierarchy of tTAF, Modulo and Acj6, in which Modulo and/or Acj6 regulate one-third of tTAF-dependent genes. Copyright 2017 Federation of European Biochemical Societies
SponsorsThis work was supported by NIH research grant GM061549 to DIN, National Natural Science Foundation of China 31701282 to MJ, National Natural Science Foundation of China 31702329 to JW, and National Natural Science Foundation of China 31371497 to ZG.
gene-specific transcription regulator
hierarchical transcriptional circuit
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85039058033&doi=10.1002%2f1873-3468.12937&partnerID=40&md5=3006dbe607923e31fc077f063b9cfd77; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/9040
- Genome-wide and cell-specific epigenetic analysis challenges the role of polycomb in Drosophila spermatogenesis.
- Authors: El-Sharnouby S, Redhouse J, White RA
- Issue date: 2013
- Nucleolar colocalization of TAF1 and testis-specific TAFs during Drosophila spermatogenesis.
- Authors: Metcalf CE, Wassarman DA
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Testis-specific TAF homologs collaborate to control a tissue-specific transcription program.
- Authors: Hiller M, Chen X, Pringle MJ, Suchorolski M, Sancak Y, Viswanathan S, Bolival B, Lin TY, Marino S, Fuller MT
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- tBRD-1 selectively controls gene activity in the Drosophila testis and interacts with two new members of the bromodomain and extra-terminal (BET) family.
- Authors: Theofel I, Bartkuhn M, Hundertmark T, Boettger T, Gärtner SM, Leser K, Awe S, Schipper M, Renkawitz-Pohl R, Rathke C
- Issue date: 2014
- Genome-wide analysis of gene regulation mechanisms during Drosophila spermatogenesis.
- Authors: Laktionov PP, Maksimov DA, Romanov SE, Antoshina PA, Posukh OV, White-Cooper H, Koryakov DE, Belyakin SN
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 2