JournalNucleic Acids Research
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Gene Ontology resource (GO; http://geneontology.org) provides structured, computable knowledge regarding the functions of genes and gene products. Founded in 1998, GO has become widely adopted in the life sciences, and its contents are under continual improvement, both in quantity and in quality. Here, we report the major developments of the GO resource during the past two years. Each monthly release of the GO resource is now packaged and given a unique identifier (DOI), enabling GO-based analyses on a specific release to be reproduced in the future. The molecular function ontology has been refactored to better represent the overall activities of gene products, with a focus on transcription regulator activities. Quality assurance efforts have been ramped up to address potentially out-of-date or inaccurate annotations. New evidence codes for high-Throughput experiments now enable users to filter out annotations obtained from these sources. GO-CAM, a new framework for representing gene function that is more expressive than standard GO annotations, has been released, and users can now explore the growing repository of these models. We also provide the 'GO ribbon' widget for visualizing GO annotations to a gene; the widget can be easily embedded in any web page. © The Author(s) 2018. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of Nucleic Acids Research.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85059799086&doi=10.1093%2fnar%2fgky1055&partnerID=40&md5=a5267cde8da36cae99ab96fb258a8dcd; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/8737
- Expansion of the Gene Ontology knowledgebase and resources.
- Authors: The Gene Ontology Consortium.
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 4
- Gene Ontology Consortium: going forward.
- Authors: Gene Ontology Consortium.
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- A drug target slim: using gene ontology and gene ontology annotations to navigate protein-ligand target space in ChEMBL.
- Authors: Mutowo P, Bento AP, Dedman N, Gaulton A, Hersey A, Lomax J, Overington JP
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 27
- The Gene Ontology: enhancements for 2011.
- Authors: Gene Ontology Consortium.
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Gene Ontology annotations and resources.
- Authors: Gene Ontology Consortium., Blake JA, Dolan M, Drabkin H, Hill DP, Li N, Sitnikov D, Bridges S, Burgess S, Buza T, McCarthy F, Peddinti D, Pillai L, Carbon S, Dietze H, Ireland A, Lewis SE, Mungall CJ, Gaudet P, Chrisholm RL, Fey P, Kibbe WA, Basu S, Siegele DA, McIntosh BK, Renfro DP, Zweifel AE, Hu JC, Brown NH, Tweedie S, Alam-Faruque Y, Apweiler R, Auchinchloss A, Axelsen K, Bely B, Blatter M-, Bonilla C, Bouguerleret L, Boutet E, Breuza L, Bridge A, Chan WM, Chavali G, Coudert E, Dimmer E, Estreicher A, Famiglietti L, Feuermann M, Gos A, Gruaz-Gumowski N, Hieta R, Hinz C, Hulo C, Huntley R, James J, Jungo F, Keller G, Laiho K, Legge D, Lemercier P, Lieberherr D, Magrane M, Martin MJ, Masson P, Mutowo-Muellenet P, O'Donovan C, Pedruzzi I, Pichler K, Poggioli D, Porras Millán P, Poux S, Rivoire C, Roechert B, Sawford T, Schneider M, Stutz A, Sundaram S, Tognolli M, Xenarios I, Foulgar R, Lomax J, Roncaglia P, Khodiyar VK, Lovering RC, Talmud PJ, Chibucos M, Giglio MG, Chang H-, Hunter S, McAnulla C, Mitchell A, Sangrador A, Stephan R, Harris MA, Oliver SG, Rutherford K, Wood V, Bahler J, Lock A, Kersey PJ, McDowall DM, Staines DM, Dwinell M, Shimoyama M, Laulederkind S, Hayman T, Wang S-, Petri V, Lowry T, D'Eustachio P, Matthews L, Balakrishnan R, Binkley G, Cherry JM, Costanzo MC, Dwight SS, Engel SR, Fisk DG, Hitz BC, Hong EL, Karra K, Miyasato SR, Nash RS, Park J, Skrzypek MS, Weng S, Wong ED, Berardini TZ, Huala E, Mi H, Thomas PD, Chan J, Kishore R, Sternberg P, Van Auken K, Howe D, Westerfield M
- Issue date: 2013 Jan