Post-exposure immunotherapy for two ebolaviruses and Marburg virus in nonhuman primates
PublisherNature Publishing Group
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe 2013-2016 Ebola virus (EBOV) disease epidemic demonstrated the grave consequences of filovirus epidemics in the absence of effective therapeutics. Besides EBOV, two additional ebolaviruses, Sudan (SUDV) and Bundibugyo (BDBV) viruses, as well as multiple variants of Marburg virus (MARV), have also caused high fatality epidemics. Current experimental EBOV monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) are ineffective against SUDV, BDBV, or MARV. Here, we report that a cocktail of two broadly neutralizing ebolavirus mAbs, FVM04 and CA45, protects nonhuman primates (NHPs) against EBOV and SUDV infection when delivered four days post infection. This cocktail when supplemented by the anti-MARV mAb MR191 exhibited 100% efficacy in MARV-infected NHPs. These findings provide a solid foundation for clinical development of broadly protective immunotherapeutics for use in future filovirus epidemics. Copyright 2019, The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85059828548&doi=10.1038%2fs41467-018-08040-w&partnerID=40&md5=b26545cf3e69b0a7b209a185a6e836cd; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/8712
- Macaque Monoclonal Antibodies Targeting Novel Conserved Epitopes within Filovirus Glycoprotein.
- Authors: Keck ZY, Enterlein SG, Howell KA, Vu H, Shulenin S, Warfield KL, Froude JW, Araghi N, Douglas R, Biggins J, Lear-Rooney CM, Wirchnianski AS, Lau P, Wang Y, Herbert AS, Dye JM, Glass PJ, Holtsberg FW, Foung SK, Aman MJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 1
- A Two-Antibody Pan-Ebolavirus Cocktail Confers Broad Therapeutic Protection in Ferrets and Nonhuman Primates.
- Authors: Bornholdt ZA, Herbert AS, Mire CE, He S, Cross RW, Wec AZ, Abelson DM, Geisbert JB, James RM, Rahim MN, Zhu W, Borisevich V, Banadyga L, Gunn BM, Agans KN, Wirchnianski AS, Goodwin E, Tierney K, Shestowsky WS, Bohorov O, Bohorova N, Velasco J, Ailor E, Kim D, Pauly MH, Whaley KJ, Alter G, Walker LM, Chandran K, Zeitlin L, Qiu X, Geisbert TW, Dye JM
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 9
- Development of a Human Antibody Cocktail that Deploys Multiple Functions to Confer Pan-Ebolavirus Protection.
- Authors: Wec AZ, Bornholdt ZA, He S, Herbert AS, Goodwin E, Wirchnianski AS, Gunn BM, Zhang Z, Zhu W, Liu G, Abelson DM, Moyer CL, Jangra RK, James RM, Bakken RR, Bohorova N, Bohorov O, Kim DH, Pauly MH, Velasco J, Bortz RH 3rd, Whaley KJ, Goldstein T, Anthony SJ, Alter G, Walker LM, Dye JM, Zeitlin L, Qiu X, Chandran K
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 9
- Generation and Characterization of Anti-Filovirus Nucleoprotein Monoclonal Antibodies.
- Authors: Rahim MN, Wang M, Wang T, He S, Griffin BD, Kobasa D, Yang R, Du Z, Qiu X
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 14
- Recombinant Protein Filovirus Vaccines Protect Cynomolgus Macaques From Ebola, Sudan, and Marburg Viruses.
- Authors: Lehrer AT, Chuang E, Namekar M, Williams CA, Wong TAS, Lieberman MM, Granados A, Misamore J, Yalley-Ogunro J, Andersen H, Geisbert JB, Agans KN, Cross RW, Geisbert TW
- Issue date: 2021