Accelerating Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine Introduction: What Can Be Learned From Prior New Vaccine Introduction Initiatives?
JournalClinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe health consequences of typhoid, including increasing prevalence of drug-resistant strains, can stress healthcare systems. While vaccination is one of the most successful and cost-effective health interventions, vaccine introduction can take years and require considerable effort. The Typhoid Vaccine Acceleration Consortium (TyVAC) employs an integrated, proactive approach to accelerate the introduction of a new typhoid conjugate vaccine to reduce the burden of typhoid in countries eligible for support from Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. TyVAC and its partners are executing a plan, informed by prior successful vaccine introductions, and tailored to the nuances of typhoid disease and the typhoid conjugate vaccine. The iterative process detailed herein summarizes the strategy and experience gained from the first 2 years of the project. The ©Author(s) 2019. Published by Oxford University Press for the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85062643954&doi=10.1093%2fcid%2fciy1118&partnerID=40&md5=fb93b07abf3882b70db28d923c3a234b; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/8629
- The Typhoid Vaccine Acceleration Consortium (TyVAC): Vaccine effectiveness study designs: Accelerating the introduction of typhoid conjugate vaccines and reducing the global burden of enteric fever. Report from a meeting held on 26-27 October 2016, Oxford, UK.
- Authors: Meiring JE, Gibani M, TyVAC Consortium Meeting Group:.
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 12
- Typhoid Vaccine Acceleration Consortium Malawi: A Phase III, Randomized, Double-blind, Controlled Trial of the Clinical Efficacy of Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine Among Children in Blantyre, Malawi.
- Authors: Meiring JE, Laurens MB, Patel P, Patel P, Misiri T, Simiyu K, Mwakiseghile F, Tracy JK, Masesa C, Liang Y, Henrion M, Rotrosen E, Gmeiner M, Heyderman R, Kotloff K, Gordon MA, Neuzil KM
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 7
- Forecasting Demand for the Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine in Low- and Middle-income Countries.
- Authors: Debellut F, Hendrix N, Pitzer VE, Neuzil KM, Constenla D, Bar-Zeev N, Marfin A, Pecenka C
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 7
- Cost-effectiveness of routine and campaign use of typhoid Vi-conjugate vaccine in Gavi-eligible countries: a modelling study.
- Authors: Bilcke J, Antillón M, Pieters Z, Kuylen E, Abboud L, Neuzil KM, Pollard AJ, Paltiel AD, Pitzer VE
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Toward Control? The Prospects and Challenges of Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine Introduction.
- Authors: Carey ME, Diaz ZI, Broadstock M, Bailey R, Bentsi-Enchill AD, Larson HJ
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 15