Safety and Effectiveness of Repeat Treatment With VYC-15L for Lip and Perioral Enhancement: Results From a Prospective Multicenter Study
JournalAesthetic Surgery Journal
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBackground: VYC-15L (Juvéderm Volbella XC) is a nonanimal crosslinked hyaluronic acid (HA) gel with lidocaine. Objectives: To evaluate safety and effectiveness of repeat treatment with VYC-15L administered 1 year after treatment for lip and perioral enhancement. Methods: In this prospective multicenter study, 124 subjects with minimal, mild, or moderate lip fullness on the validated 5-point Allergan Lip Fullness Scale (LFS) who received initial/touch-up treatment with VYC-15L received repeat treatment with VYC-15L 1 year after initial treatment. Effectiveness endpoints included LFS responder rates (≥1-point improvement from baseline) and scores on the FACE-Q Satisfaction With Lips and Appraisal of Lip Lines scales at 1 month after repeat treatment. Subjects completed safety diaries for 30 days after repeat treatment. Results: LFS responder rates were 86.2%, 80.3%, and 65.3% at months 1 and 3 and 1 year, respectively, after initial/touch-up treatment. The responder rate improved to 94.3% 1 month after repeat treatment with VYC-15L and required less median volume vs initial/touch-up treatment (1.5 vs 2.6 mL). FACE-Q scores doubled from baseline at 3 months, remained high through 1 year, and doubled from baseline after repeat treatment. At 1 month after repeat treatment, 96.7% and 89.3% of subjects showed improvement over baseline in FACE-Q Satisfaction With Lips and Appraisal of Lip Lines, respectively. Severe injection site responses were less frequent after repeat treatment than initial/touch-up treatment. Conclusions: Repeat treatment with VYC-15L at 1 year was safe and effective for lip and perioral enhancement, and required less product volume to achieve similar effectiveness to initial/touch-up treatment. © 2018 The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Inc.
SponsorsThis study was funded by Allergan plc (Dublin, Ireland). Editorial support for this article was provided by Peloton Advantage (Parsippany, NJ) and was funded by Allergan plc.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85060349606&doi=10.1093%2fasj%2fsjy019&partnerID=40&md5=0a3187cd299eb97f8e5fbf55bf7ebc80; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/8627
- Safety and Effectiveness of VYC-15L, a Hyaluronic Acid Filler for Lip and Perioral Enhancement: One-Year Results From a Randomized, Controlled Study.
- Authors: Geronemus RG, Bank DE, Hardas B, Shamban A, Weichman BM, Murphy DK
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- A Prospective, Open-Label Study of Hyaluronic Acid-Based Filler With Lidocaine (VYC-15L) Treatment for the Correction of Infraorbital Skin Depressions.
- Authors: Niforos F, Acquilla R, Ogilvie P, Safa M, Signorini M, Creutz L, Kerson G, Silberberg M
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Improvements in satisfaction with skin after treatment of facial fine lines with VYC-12 injectable gel: Patient-reported outcomes from a prospective study.
- Authors: Ogilvie P, Safa M, Chantrey J, Leys C, Cavallini M, Niforos F, Hopfinger R, Marx A
- Issue date: 2020 May
- Lip and Perioral Enhancement: A 12-Month Prospective, Randomized, Controlled Study.
- Authors: Raspaldo H, Chantrey J, Belhaouari L, Eccleston D, Saleh R, Acquilla R, Murphy DK
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Safety and Effectiveness of the Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Filler VYC-17.5L for Nasolabial Folds: Results of a Randomized, Controlled Study.
- Authors: Monheit G, Beer K, Hardas B, Grimes PE, Weichman BM, Lin V, Murphy DK
- Issue date: 2018 May