News clips on the change of name from the Woman’s Auxiliary of the University of Maryland Hospital to the Auxiliary of the University of Maryland Hospital.
MetadataShow full item record
DescriptionIncludes two articles comprising five clippings reporting on the Auxiliary's change of name. The first article is presumed to be from Happenings; Vol. 5, No. 39; June 14, 1976 as this is handwritten on the notebook paper that the clippings are attached to and the same publication information is stated in a clipping on the other side of the paper. This article states that "the group recently signed articles of incorporation and changed its name to reflect its mixed membership."
Two captioned photographs are included. The first photograph caption reads: "Mrs. Spicer meets with the hospital auxiliary executive board. From left: Mrs. Scherlis, Mrs. Weaver, Mrs. Janoski, Mrs. Rasmussen, Mrs. Kuhn, Mrs. Carter, Mrs. Anderson, Mrs. Campbell, Mrs. Heald, and Mrs. Spicer." The second photograph caption reads: "More than 500 persons visited the newly-refurbished UMH volunteers office during a recent open house. Visitors were greeted by volunteers and members of the auxiliary and enjoyed a wide variety of cheeses, dips, cookies, and other refreshments prepared by the volunteers."
The second article, "UM Hospital Auxiliary Has Updated Name" is presumed to be from July 2, 1976 because a small clipping with this date has been adhered below the title. The article states that "the change has been made to reflect the auxiliary's current membership of 200 active and associate members, of whom a number are men." The article also claims that the Auxiliary "was established at the request of hospital physicians in 1887 and is believed to be the oldest such group."
KeywordWoman's Auxiliary of the University of Maryland Hospital
Auxiliary of the University of Maryland Hospital
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/6854
The following license files are associated with this item: