MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesBenefit of the Hospital and Its Clinics
Description"The Woman's Auxiliary Board of the Hospital is a group of doctor's wives and other interested women who aid the Hospital in many cases. One of the mediums through which the Board serves the Hospital is a semi-carnival which is held every year, the proceeds of which are used to help patients. These proceeds provide for poor patients the services that otherwise might not be available, costly medicines, things needed by babies, and a wide range of other services." (H.C. Byrd, President of the University of Maryland). Besides a message from the President of the University of Maryland, that includes this quote, included is a brief history of the Woman's Auxiliary taken from Faith Willis Bowe's "Notes on the Founding of the Woman's Auxiliary Board," (1934) (http://hdl.handle.net/10713/6649) that states that "The first benefit they sponsored was a Concert given in 1891 to raise funds for repairs to a part of the Medical School Building which was destroyed by fire." Also includes pictures of the "University Hospital Out-Patient Department," a list of patrons and advertisements. The 1952 Benefit was held at The Alcazar and featured music by Reg Kehoe and His Marimba Queens.
KeywordWoman's Auxiliary of the University of Maryland Hospital
Woman's Auxiliary Board of the University Hospital of Maryland
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/6654
The following license files are associated with this item: