Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorBowe, Faith Willis
dc.contributor.authorCotter, Helen M. (Mrs. Edward F.)
dc.contributor.authorMerlis, Grace L. (Mrs. Jerome K.)
dc.contributor.authorSutton, Barbara U. (Mrs. Granger G.)
dc.date.accessioned2017-06-05T14:07:12Z
dc.date.available2017-06-05T14:07:12Z
dc.date.issued1987
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/6640
dc.descriptionStarting with a history written in 1934, the book is made up of three parts. The first part is a reproduction of the earliest history, "Notes on the Founding of the Woman's Auxiliary Board of the University Hospital and a Resume of Its Works 1887-1934," by Faith Willis Bowe, dated Baltimore, November 1934. Following an acknowledgement to the editor and second author, the document reproduces exactly the 1934 history through 1933. This first part ends with a roster of the members in 1934 on page 34. The second part opens with a second Foreword "Continued History - 1933 to 1970," signed by "Historian - 1933-1970, Helen M. Cotter (Mrs. Edward F.)" The third part has a distinct title page that represents the change of name, "The History of the Auxiliary of the University of Maryland Hospital, Inc." The last paragraph on the last numbered page, p. 175, states "The years from 1970 to 1978 were written by Mrs. Jerome K. Merlis and the years from 1978 to 1987 by Mrs. Granger G. Sutton with editing by the presidents then in office." In the first part, after tracing back the roots of caring for the needy to Holy Scripture and describing the evolution of hospital volunteerism and the beginnings of what later became the Auxiliary, Bowe and later Cotter and Merlis and Sutton provide a yearly "record of the principal achievements of the organization."en_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.subjectWoman's Auxiliary of the University of Maryland Hospitalen_US
dc.subjectWoman's Auxiliary Board of the University Hospital of Marylanden_US
dc.subjectWoman's Auxiliary Board of Lady Managersen_US
dc.subjectAuxiliary of the University of Maryland Hospitalen_US
dc.subject.lcshWomen volunteers--Maryland--Baltimoreen_US
dc.subject.meshHospital Auxiliaries--historyen_US
dc.titleHistory of the Woman's Auxiliary Board University of Maryland Hospital 1887-1970 [1970-1987]en_US
dc.title.alternativeNotes on the Founding of the Woman's Auxiliary Board of the University Hospital and a Resume of Its Works 1887-1934en_US
dc.title.alternativeContinued History - 1933 to 1970en_US
dc.title.alternativeThe History of the Auxiliary of the University of Maryland Hospital Inc. 1970-1987en_US
dc.typeBooken_US
dc.description.urinameFull Texten_US
refterms.dateFOA2019-02-19T18:16:48Z


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
History_1887-1970.pdf
Size:
88.88Mb
Format:
PDF

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record