Clinical study reports of randomised controlled trials: an exploratory review of previously confidential industry reports
PublisherBMJ Publishing Group
MetadataShow full item record
DescriptionThe authors reviewed 78 clinical study reports from 1991 thru 2011 covering 14 pharmaceuticals. They conclude that the level of detail within the documents provide a valuable resource for evidence synthesis and trial appraisal.
CitationDoshi, P. & Jefferson, T. (2013). Clinical study reports of randomised controlled trials: an exploratory review of previously confidential industry reports, BMJ Open, 3(2). DOI: 10.1136/bmjopen-2012-002496.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/6619
- Assessment of Adverse Events in Protocols, Clinical Study Reports, and Published Papers of Trials of Orlistat: A Document Analysis.
- Authors: Schroll JB, Penninga EI, Gøtzsche PC
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Completeness of reporting of patient-relevant clinical trial outcomes: comparison of unpublished clinical study reports with publicly available data.
- Authors: Wieseler B, Wolfram N, McGauran N, Kerekes MF, Vervölgyi V, Kohlepp P, Kamphuis M, Grouven U
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Bias due to selective inclusion and reporting of outcomes and analyses in systematic reviews of randomised trials of healthcare interventions.
- Authors: Page MJ, McKenzie JE, Kirkham J, Dwan K, Kramer S, Green S, Forbes A
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 1
- Procedures and methods of benefit assessments for medicines in Germany.
- Authors: Bekkering GE, Kleijnen J
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- The use of clinical study reports to enhance the quality of systematic reviews: a survey of systematic review authors.
- Authors: Hodkinson A, Dietz KC, Lefebvre C, Golder S, Jones M, Doshi P, Heneghan C, Jefferson T, Boutron I, Stewart L
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 8