MetadataShow full item record
DescriptionThese are the buildings that the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy has occupied throughout its history. At the time of its first course of lectures beginning in November 1841, the Maryland College of Pharmacy occupied a single small room in a building on Gay Street, just north of Baltimore Street. It later rented apartments from the Medical and Chirurgical Faculty of Maryland, located at #47, North Calvert Street. In 1876, the College took possession of the first building it owned, located on Aisquith Street near Fayette Street. Ten years later the growth of the College’s operation necessitated larger quarters, resulting in the construction of a new building on that same site. In 1904, the Maryland College of Pharmacy became the University of Maryland Department of Pharmacy, and it moved into a building on the northeast corner of Lombard and Greene Streets, which it shared with the University’s Department of Dentistry. In 1930, the two schools moved into a new building across the street on the northwest corner of Lombard and Greene. It remained there until 1958, when the school moved into its new building christened Dunning Hall, at 636 W. Lombard Street. Situated as its next-door neighbor, the Kelly Memorial Building was the home of the Maryland Pharmacists Association. In 1981 the school moved once again into another new structure, Pharmacy Hall, located at 20 N. Pine Street. In 2010, the school opened its magnificent state-of-the-art addition to Pharmacy Hall, further energizing its commitment to solidifying Pharmacy’s lofty place in the broader world of health care.
KeywordMaryland College of Pharmacy
University of Maryland, Baltimore. School of Pharmacy
University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/5044
The following license files are associated with this item: