Announcement of the Introductory Lectures first delivered at the opening of the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery on November 3, 1840
DescriptionPhotograph and card announcing the first lectures delivered by the faculty of the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery. The building depicted in the photograph which served as the site of the lectures is a Baptist church located on Calvert Street, between Lexington and Saratoga Streets in Baltimore, Maryland. The college’s faculty members named in the announcement included Horace H. Hayden, Thomas E. Bond, Jr., Chapin A. Harris, and H. Willis Baxley. Chapin A. Harris was the college’s first Dean. Original piece is mounted on cardboard and measures 32 X 20 cm.
KeywordBaltimore College of Dental Surgery
Hayden, Horace H., 1769-1844
Bond, Thos. E. (Thomas Emerson), 1813-1872
Harris, Chapin Aaron, 1806-1860
Baxley, H. Willis (Henry Willis), 1803-1876