Multiplier Method for Predicting the Sitting Height Growth at Maturity: A Database Analysis.
AuthorJauregui, Julio J
Hlukha, Larysa P
McClure, Philip K
Shualy, Mordchai B
Goldberg, Maya B
Herzenberg, John E
JournalChildren (Basel, Switzerland)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis study aims to develop multipliers for the spine and sitting height to predict sitting height at maturity. With the aid of longitudinal and cross-sectional clinical databases, we divided the total sitting height, cervical, thoracic, and lumbar lengths at skeletal maturity by these same four factors at each age for each percentile given. A series of comparisons were then carried out between the multipliers as well as the percentiles and the varied racial and ethnic groups within them. Regarding sitting height, there was little variability and correlated with the multipliers calculated for the thoracic and lumbar spine. The multiplier method has demonstrated accuracy that is not influenced by generation, percentile, race, and ethnicity. This multiplier can be used to anticipate mature sitting height, the heights of the thoracic, cervical, and lumbar spine, as well as the lack of spinal growth after spinal fusion surgery in skeletally immature individuals.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/20254
- Multiplier method for prediction of adult height in patients with achondroplasia.
- Authors: Paley D, Matz AL, Kurland DB, Lamm BM, Herzenberg JE
- Issue date: 2005 Jul-Aug
- Multiplier method for predicting limb-length discrepancy.
- Authors: Paley D, Bhave A, Herzenberg JE, Bowen JR
- Issue date: 2000 Oct
- Multiplier method for predicting adult foot length.
- Authors: Lamm BM, Paley D, Kurland DB, Matz AL, Herzenberg JE
- Issue date: 2006 Jul-Aug
- Multiplier method for limb-length prediction in the upper extremity.
- Authors: Paley D, Gelman A, Shualy MB, Herzenberg JE
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- The multiplier method for prediction of adult height.
- Authors: Paley J, Talor J, Levin A, Bhave A, Paley D, Herzenberg JE
- Issue date: 2004 Nov-Dec