Violation of the Subtalar Joint With Novel Suture Tape Augmentation of Lateral Ligament Reconstruction: A Report of 2 Cases.
JournalFoot & ankle orthopaedics
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe modified Broström-Gould operation is the gold standard for surgical treatment of chronic lateral ankle instability.2,4 Modified Broström-Gould repair with the InternalBrace (IB) is a relatively new technique promoted as providing additional biomechanical advantage resulting in early mobility during recovery and quicker return to activity.6 Although the IB has a reportedly low complication profile, with the rise in its usage, providers should be aware of potential detrimental complications.8 Intra-articular placement of suture anchors is a potential complication warned against in the manufacturer surgical technique videos of the IB; however, to our knowledge, this complication has yet to be reported in the literature.1,3 In the current article, we present 2 cases of suture anchor violation of the subtalar joint during IB augmentation for lateral ligamentous complex repair of the ankle. Both patients were informed that the data concerning their cases would be submitted for publication, and both provided verbal consent.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/20239
- Clinical and Functional Results of Broström-Gould Procedure With Suture Tape Augmentation: An Evaluation Using Three Scales.
- Authors: Ramírez-Gómez VJ, Gómez-Carlín LA, Ortega-Orozco R, Zazueta-Arnaud CA, Patiño-Fernández JP
- Issue date: 2020 Jul-Aug
- Arthroscopic suture-tape internal bracing is safe as arthroscopic modified Broström repair in the treatment of chronic ankle instability.
- Authors: Ulku TK, Kocaoglu B, Tok O, Irgit K, Nalbantoglu U
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Arthroscopic Internal Brace Augmentation With Arthroscopic Modified Broström Operation for Chronic Ankle Instability.
- Authors: Nishimura A, Nakazora S, Senga Y, Kitaura Y, Fukuda A, Kato K, Sudo A
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- Anterior talofibular ligament ruptures, part 1: biomechanical comparison of augmented Broström repair techniques with the intact anterior talofibular ligament.
- Authors: Viens NA, Wijdicks CA, Campbell KJ, Laprade RF, Clanton TO
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Biomechanical comparison of an all-soft suture anchor with a modified Broström-Gould suture repair for lateral ligament reconstruction.
- Authors: Brown CA, Hurwit D, Behn A, Hunt KJ
- Issue date: 2014 Feb