Span of regularization for solution of inverse problems with application to magnetic resonance relaxometry of the brain.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe present a new regularization method for the solution of the Fredholm integral equation (FIE) of the first kind, in which we incorporate solutions corresponding to a range of Tikhonov regularizers into the end result. This method identifies solutions within a much larger function space, spanned by this set of regularized solutions, than is available to conventional regularization methods. An additional key development is the use of dictionary functions derived from noise-corrupted inversion of the discretized FIE. In effect, we combine the stability of solutions with greater degrees of regularization with the resolution of those that are less regularized. The span of regularizations (SpanReg) method may be widely applicable throughout the field of inverse problems.
Data AvailibilityThe dataset and code used and/or analyzed during the current study are available from https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5860653.
Data / Code Locationhttps://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5860653
Rights/Terms© 2022. The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/20233
- Comparison of non-parametric T(2) relaxometry methods for myelin water quantification.
- Authors: Canales-Rodríguez EJ, Pizzolato M, Piredda GF, Hilbert T, Kunz N, Pot C, Yu T, Salvador R, Pomarol-Clotet E, Kober T, Thiran JP, Daducci A
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- Stabilization of the inverse Laplace transform of multiexponential decay through introduction of a second dimension.
- Authors: Celik H, Bouhrara M, Reiter DA, Fishbein KW, Spencer RG
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Input layer regularization for magnetic resonance relaxometry biexponential parameter estimation.
- Authors: Rozowski M, Palumbo J, Bisen J, Bi C, Bouhrara M, Czaja W, Spencer RG
- Issue date: 2022 Nov
- A Tutorial Introduction to Inverse Problems in Magnetic Resonance.
- Authors: Spencer RG, Bi C
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Parallel magnetic resonance imaging using wavelet-based multivariate regularization.
- Authors: Fang S, Ying K, Cheng J, Wang S, Zhang J, Xiao Z, Shen H
- Issue date: 2010