AuthorKallen, Michael E
Singh, Zeba N
Kocoglu, Mehmet H
Badros, Ashraf Z
Duong, Vu H
Baer, Maria R
JournalLeukemia research reports
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNew therapies for multiple myeloma have improved outcomes, but are associated with therapy-related hematologic malignancies. We report eight patients with therapy-related B-lymphoblastic leukemias (t-B-ALL) in the setting of therapy for multiple myeloma, which included lenalidomide maintenance. A subset of patients had pancytopenia and low-level marrow involvement by acute leukemia, an unusual finding in de novo B-ALL. One patient died of chemotherapy complications; the other seven responded. No patient died of B-ALL (median follow up of 1.0 years). Our series suggests that t-B-ALL is clonally unrelated to myeloma, presents with diverse cytogenetic abnormalities, and responds well to B-ALL therapy.
Rights/Terms© 2022 The Author(s).
Multiple myeloma (MM)
Therapy-related B-lymphoblastic leukemia (t-B-ALL)
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/20212
- B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia in an elderly man with plasma cell myeloma and long-term exposure to thalidomide and lenalidomide: a case report and literature review.
- Authors: Sinit RB, Hwang DG, Vishnu P, Peterson JF, Aboulafia DM
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 27
- Autologous haematopoietic stem-cell transplantation versus bortezomib-melphalan-prednisone, with or without bortezomib-lenalidomide-dexamethasone consolidation therapy, and lenalidomide maintenance for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma (EMN02/HO95): a multicentre, randomised, open-label, phase 3 study.
- Authors: Cavo M, Gay F, Beksac M, Pantani L, Petrucci MT, Dimopoulos MA, Dozza L, van der Holt B, Zweegman S, Oliva S, van der Velden VHJ, Zamagni E, Palumbo GA, Patriarca F, Montefusco V, Galli M, Maisnar V, Gamberi B, Hansson M, Belotti A, Pour L, Ypma P, Grasso M, Croockewit A, Ballanti S, Offidani M, Vincelli ID, Zambello R, Liberati AM, Andersen NF, Broijl A, Troia R, Pascarella A, Benevolo G, Levin MD, Bos G, Ludwig H, Aquino S, Morelli AM, Wu KL, Boersma R, Hajek R, Durian M, von dem Borne PA, Caravita di Toritto T, Zander T, Driessen C, Specchia G, Waage A, Gimsing P, Mellqvist UH, van Marwijk Kooy M, Minnema M, Mandigers C, Cafro AM, Palmas A, Carvalho S, Spencer A, Boccadoro M, Sonneveld P
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Cardiac ALL: Most Unusual Occurrence of Lenalidomide-associated Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia with Subsequent Cardiac Involvement.
- Authors: Sharma N, Hassoun H, Hatem J, Kouides P
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 28
- Lenalidomide-Associated Secondary B-Lymphoblastic Leukemia/Lymphoma-A Unique Entity.
- Authors: Germans SK, Kulak O, Koduru P, Oliver D, Gagan J, Patel P, Anderson LD Jr, Fuda FS, Chen W, Jaso JM
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 4
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia following Lenalidomide Maintenance for Multiple Myeloma: Two Cases with Unexpected Presentation and Good Prognostic Features.
- Authors: Khan AM, Muzaffar J, Murthy H, Wingard JR, Moreb JS
- Issue date: 2018