MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe second International Transplant Science (ITS) meeting jointly organized by the European Society for Organ Transplantation (ESOT), the American Society of Transplantation (AST), and The Transplantation Society (TTS) took place in May 2022 in one of Europe's most iconic cities: Berlin, Germany. The ITS meeting 2022 was designed to serve as an international platform for scientific discussions on the latest ground-breaking discoveries in the field, while providing an excellent opportunity to present cutting-edge research to the scientific community. We think this is fundamental for the exchange of new ideas and establishment of collaborative work between advanced transplant experts, young professionals and early-stage researchers and students. Scientific sessions tackled hot topics in transplantation such as mechanisms of tolerance, biomarkers, big data and artificial intelligence. Our educational pre-meeting focused on the breakthrough and challenges in single-cell multimodal omics. The program included panel discussions illuminating various topics concerning conflicts and problems related to gender, such as challenges for female scientists. Attendees returned to their institutes with not only profound knowledge of the latest discoveries, technologies, and concepts in basic and translational science, but also inspired and excited after discussions and networking sessions with fellow scientists which have been duly missed during the pandemic.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2022 Pilat, Issa, Luo, Chong, Bromberg and Kotsch.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/20005
- Report of the joint ESOT and TTS basic science meeting 2013: current concepts and discoveries in translational transplantation.
- Authors: Ebner S, Fabritius C, Ritschl P, Oberhuber R, Günther J, Kotsch K
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Macromolecular crowding: chemistry and physics meet biology (Ascona, Switzerland, 10-14 June 2012).
- Authors: Foffi G, Pastore A, Piazza F, Temussi PA
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Review of the 25th annual scientific meeting of the International Society for Biological Therapy of Cancer.
- Authors: Balwit JM, Kalinski P, Sondak VK, Coulie PG, Jaffee EM, Gajewski TF, Marincola FM
- Issue date: 2011 May 12
- What's Hot, What's New From the 2016 American Transplant Congress.
- Authors: Levitsky J, Gill RG
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- What's hot, what's new: Report from the American Transplant Congress 2018.
- Authors: Eckhoff DE, Fairchild RL, Abdi R
- Issue date: 2018 Dec