Incidence of Intussusception in Bamako, Mali, Before and After the Introduction of Rotavirus Vaccine.
Keita, Adama Mamby
Tapia, Milagritos D
Sow, Samba O
Mast, T Christopher
Kotloff, Karen L
JournalJournal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPentavalent rotavirus vaccine has been associated with a small increase in intussusception, but pre- and post-introduction data are lacking in many low-resource settings. Using chart review and prospective surveillance data, intussusception incidence was estimated in Bamako, Mali. The mean annual intussusception incidence post-introduction was not significantly different from that of pre-introduction. © The Author(s) 2022. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of The Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2022. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of The Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/19982
- Retrospective hospital based surveillance of intussusception in children in a sentinel paediatric hospital: benefits and pitfalls for use in post-marketing surveillance of rotavirus vaccines.
- Authors: Lloyd-Johnsen C, Justice F, Donath S, Bines JE
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 27
- Intussusception incidence among infants in the UK and Republic of Ireland: a pre-rotavirus vaccine prospective surveillance study.
- Authors: Samad L, Cortina-Borja M, Bashir HE, Sutcliffe AG, Marven S, Cameron JC, Lynn R, Taylor B
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 28
- Feasibility of using regional sentinel surveillance to monitor the rotavirus vaccine impact, effectiveness and intussusception incidence in the African Region.
- Authors: Mandomando I, Weldegebriel G, de Deus N, Mwenda JM
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 23
- Safety of second-generation rotavirus vaccines, intussusception.
- Authors: Vázquez M
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Intussusception Rate Among Under-Five-Children Before Introduction of Rotavirus Vaccine in North India.
- Authors: Gupta M, Kanojia R, Singha R, Tripathy JP, Mahajan K, Saxena A, Bansal A, Muralidharan J, Kumar R
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 1