MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis handwritten, bound notebook includes pharmaceutical recipes and prescriptions by Bowers' Pharmacy in Baltimore, Maryland. Volume is dated 1852. Volume is avaiable in the Internet Archive, see link.
DescriptionHandwritten, bound notebook with pharmaceutical recipes and prescriptions used by Bowers' Pharmacy, Baltimore, Maryland. Includes some newspaper clippings that are pasted in. Envelope inside back cover contains more hand-written recipes, which has been scanned. Note pasted inside front cover, dated October 24, 1856, records a rental agreement between a Mr. Ninès and Mr. Clements.
Bowers’ Pharmacy was founded by James W. Bowers on the Southwest Corner of Baltimore and Schroeder Streets in 1858. Bowers’ Pharmacy remained on Baltimore Street until 1919. The owner’s son, James W. Bowers Jr. was an 1879 graduate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Law.
Rights/TermsCC0 1.0 Universal
Medicine--Formulae, receipts, prescriptions
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/19922
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons