Radiogenomics influence on the future of prostate cancer risk stratification.
JournalTherapeutic advances in urology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn an era of powerful computing tools, radiogenomics provides a personalized, precise approach to the detection and diagnosis in patients with prostate cancer (PCa). Radiomics data are obtained through artificial intelligence (AI) and neural networks that analyze imaging, usually MRI, to assess statistical, geometrical, and textural features of images to provide quantitative data of shape, heterogeneity, and intensity of tumors. Genomics involves assessing the genomic markers that are present from tumor biopsies. In this article, we separately investigate the current landscape of radiomics and genomics within the realm of PCa and discuss the integration and validity of both into radiogenomics using the data from three papers on the topic. We also conducted a clinical trials search using the NIH’s database, where we found two relevant actively recruiting studies. Although there is more research needed to be done on radiogenomics to fully adopt it as a viable diagnosis tool, its potential by providing personalized data regarding each tumor cannot be overlooked as it may be the future of PCa risk-stratification techniques.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s), 2022.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/19874
- Prostate Cancer Radiogenomics-From Imaging to Molecular Characterization.
- Authors: Ferro M, de Cobelli O, Vartolomei MD, Lucarelli G, Crocetto F, Barone B, Sciarra A, Del Giudice F, Muto M, Maggi M, Carrieri G, Busetto GM, Falagario U, Terracciano D, Cormio L, Musi G, Tataru OS
- Issue date: 2021 Sep 15
- Radiogenomics in prostate cancer evaluation.
- Authors: Thenault R, Gasmi A, Khene ZE, Bensalah K, Mathieu R
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 1
- Brain Tumor Characterization Using Radiogenomics in Artificial Intelligence Framework.
- Authors: Jena B, Saxena S, Nayak GK, Balestrieri A, Gupta N, Khanna NN, Laird JR, Kalra MK, Fouda MM, Saba L, Suri JS
- Issue date: 2022 Aug 22
- Prostate cancer radiomics and the promise of radiogenomics.
- Authors: Stoyanova R, Takhar M, Tschudi Y, Ford JC, Solórzano G, Erho N, Balagurunathan Y, Punnen S, Davicioni E, Gillies RJ, Pollack A
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Personalized management of prostate cancer: from molecular and imaging markers to radiogenomics.
- Authors: Mytsyk Y, Borzhiyevs'kyy A, Kobilnyk Y, Shulyak AV, Dutka I, Borzhiyevs'kyy O, Górecki A
- Issue date: 2022