Getting With the Times: A Review of Peripartum Infections and Proposed Modernized Treatment Regimens.
JournalOpen forum infectious diseases
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis article provides a review of peripartum infections, including intra-amniotic infection, postpartum endometritis, and postabortal infections. We present a case of postabortal infection to frame the review. The microbiology, pathogenesis, risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment of peripartum infections are reviewed, and a critical appraisal of the literature and available guidelines is provided. There is a focus on discussing optimal antimicrobial therapy for treating these infections.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2022. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of Infectious Diseases Society of America.
Keywordantibiotic therapy and stewardship
infections in pregnancy review
intraamniotic infection or chorioamnionitis
postabortal infection or septic abortion
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/19873
- Antibiotic regimens for management of intra-amniotic infection.
- Authors: Chapman E, Reveiz L, Illanes E, Bonfill Cosp X
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 19
- Peripartum infectious morbidity in women with preeclampsia.
- Authors: Harrison RK, Egede LE, Palatnik A
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- Chorioamnionitis versus intraamniotic infection among preterm deliveries-is postpartum infectious morbidity different?
- Authors: Denoble AE, Wu J, Mitchell CJ, Hughes BL, Dotters-Katz SK
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Azithromycin in the Treatment of Preterm Prelabor Rupture of Membranes Demonstrates a Lower Risk of Chorioamnionitis and Postpartum Endometritis with an Equivalent Latency Period Compared with Erythromycin Antibiotic Regimens.
- Authors: Martingano D, Singh S, Mitrofanova A
- Issue date: 2020
- Determining the optimal antibiotic regimen for chorioamnionitis: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Alrowaily N, D'Souza R, Dong S, Chowdhury S, Ryu M, Ronzoni S
- Issue date: 2021 May