Minimal change disease and COVID-19 vaccination: Four cases and review of literature.
JournalClinical Nephrology. Case studies
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere have been multiple reports of the development of de novo or relapse of glomerular diseases after SARS-CoV-2 vaccination. While most of them have occurred with the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna/NIAID), there also have been reports associated with the vector vaccines (AstraZeneca/ChAdOx1-S) vaccine and the inactivated vaccines. Minimal change disease (MCD) is one of the more common glomerular diseases noted to have been associated with the COVID-19 vaccination. We report here 4 more cases of MCD occurring in association with the COVID-19 vaccine, 3 were de novo cases, and 1 case had a relapse of MCD. We also review all the 41 cases described thus far in the literature and review potential common pathways activated by the vaccination that play a role in the pathogenesis of MCD.
Rights/Terms© Dustri-Verlag Dr. K. Feistle.
graft versus host disease
minimal change disease
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/19531
- De Novo Minimal Change Disease following Vaccination with the Pfizer/BioNTech SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine in a Living Kidney Donor.
- Authors: Marinaki S, Kolovou K, Liapis G, Skalioti C, Tsiakas S, Boletis I
- Issue date: 2021 Dec 27
- Minimal change disease following the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine: first case report.
- Authors: Thappy S, Thalappil SR, Abbarh S, Al-Mashdali A, Akhtar M, Alkadi MM
- Issue date: 2021 Nov 11
- Minimal Change Disease With Severe Acute Kidney Injury Following the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine: A Case Report.
- Authors: Leclerc S, Royal V, Lamarche C, Laurin LP
- Issue date: 2021 Oct
- COVID-19 vaccines: comparison of biological, pharmacological characteristics and adverse effects of Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna Vaccines.
- Authors: Meo SA, Bukhari IA, Akram J, Meo AS, Klonoff DC
- Issue date: 2021 Feb
- Effect of Pfizer/BioNTech and Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccines against COVID-19 morbidity and mortality in real-world settings at countrywide vaccination campaign in Saudi Arabia.
- Authors: Meo SA, Fahad Al-Jassir F, Al-Qahtani S, Albarrak R, Usmani AM, Klonoff DC
- Issue date: 2021 Nov