Is the Critical Care Resuscitation Unit Sustainable: A 5-Year Experience of a Beneficial and Novel Model.
Afridi, Leenah Z
Haase, Daniel J
Tran, Quincy K
JournalCritical Care Research and Practice
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFrom 2014 to 2018, 50,599 patients were transferred to our medical center; 31,582 (62%) were non-trauma adults. Compared with the year prior to the opening of the CCRU, ITS showed a significant increase in IHT after the establishment of the CCRU. The CCRU received a total of 7,788 (25%) IHTs during this period or approximately 20% of total transfers per year. Most transfers (41%) occurred via ground. Median and interquartile range [IQR] of transfer times to other ICUs (156 [65-1027] minutes) were longer than the CCRU (46 [22-139] minutes, P < 0.001). For the CCRU, the most common accepting services were cardiac surgery (16%), neurosurgery (11%), and emergency general surgery (10%).
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2022 Elizabeth Powell et al.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/19510
- The Critical Care Resuscitation Unit Transfers More Patients From Emergency Departments Faster and Is Associated With Improved Outcomes.
- Authors: Tran QK, O'Connor J, Vesselinov R, Haase D, Duncan R, Aitken A, Rea JH, Jones K, Dinardo T, Scalea T, Menaker J, Rubinson L
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- Comparison of Outcomes After Treatment of Large Vessel Occlusion in a Critical Care Resuscitation Unit or a Neurocritical Care Unit.
- Authors: Tran QK, Yarbrough KL, Capobianco P, Chang WW, Jindal G, Medic A, Menaker J, Rehan MA, Swafford I, Traynor T, Phipps MS
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Transfer of Patients with Spontaneous Intracranial Hemorrhage who Need External Ventricular Drain: Does Admission Location Matter?
- Authors: Tran QK, Dave S, Haase DJ, Tiffany L, Gaasch S, Chang WW, Jones K, Kole MJ, Wessell A, Schwartzbauer G, Scalea TM, Menaker J
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 12
- Care Intensity During Transport to the Critical Care Resuscitation Unit: Transport Clinician's Role.
- Authors: Tran QK, Famuyiwa O, Haase DJ, Holland K, Lawner B, Matta S, McGuin L, Menaker J, Menne A, Ngono EE, Niles E, O'Connor J, Scalea T, Galvagno S
- Issue date: 2020 Nov - Dec
- Fresh Approach for Critically Ill Patients with Time-sensitive Needs.
- Issue date: 2016 Jul