Intraarterial Therapies for the Management of Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
Liddell, Robert P
Camacho, Juan C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractImage-guided locoregional therapies play a crucial role in the management of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Transarterial therapies consist of a group of catheter-based treatments where embolic agents are delivered directly into the tumor via their supplying arteries. Some of the transarterial therapies available include bland embolization (TAE), transarterial chemoembolization (TACE), drug-eluting beads-transarterial chemoembolization (DEB-TACE), selective internal radioembolization therapy (SIRT), and hepatic artery infusion (HAI). This article provides a review of pre-procedural, intra-procedural, and post-procedural aspects of each therapy, along with a review of the literature. Newer embolotherapy options and future directions are also briefly discussed.
drug-eluting beads–transarterial chemoembolization
hepatic artery infusion
selective internal radioembolization therapy
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/19500
- Recent advances in transarterial embolotherapies in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Authors: Lee EW, Khan S
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- New concepts in embolotherapy of HCC.
- Authors: Pesapane F, Nezami N, Patella F, Geschwind JF
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Transvascular therapy of Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC), status and developments.
- Authors: Gnutzmann D, Kortes N, Sumkauskaite M, Schmitz A, Weiss KH, Radeleff B
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Comparison of initial tumor responses to transarterial bland embolization and drug-eluting beads-transarterial chemoembolization in the management of hepatocellular carcinoma: a propensity-score matching analysis.
- Authors: Guo J, Wang W, Zhang Y, Xu L, Kong J
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- [Transarterial ablation of hepatocellular carcinoma. Status and developments].
- Authors: Radeleff BA, Stampfl U, Sommer CM, Bellemann N, Hoffmann K, Ganten T, Ehehalt R, Kauczor HU
- Issue date: 2012 Jan