Epstein-Barr Virus-Positive Not Otherwise Specified (EBV+ NOS) Lymphoma Presentation of Primary Bone Tumor Underlying a Pathological Fracture.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDiffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) is the most common non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) and accounts for approximately 25% of all NHLs in developed countries. The patients usually present with constitutional symptoms and rapidly enlarging lymphadenopathy and symptomatic mass typically located in the neck or abdomen, along with an aggressive disease course. Most of the patients present with advanced disease with 60% presenting with stage 3 or 4, and those who present with extranodal involvement are usually seen at an earlier stage. Different conditions are associated with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma ranging from hereditary immunodeficiency disorders, autoimmune disorders, infections such as HIV, Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), Helicobacter pylori, and drugs such as immunosuppressants and chemotherapeutic agents. Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) is the main etiology of DLBCLs with an identified cause and it accounts for 10% of all DLBCLs. We report a case of a 51-year-old woman who came with a non-traumatic left femur fracture and was subsequently found to have EBV-positive DLBCL. Lymphoma commonly presents as a lymph node swelling and it's uncommon to present as primary bone disease.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2022, Tippabhatla et al.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/19484
- Epstein-Barr virus-positive diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in children: a disease reminiscent of Epstein-Barr virus-positive diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of the elderly.
- Authors: Uccini S, Al-Jadiry MF, Scarpino S, Ferraro D, Alsaadawi AR, Al-Darraji AF, Moleti ML, Testi AM, Al-Hadad SA, Ruco L
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Relationship between non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and blood levels of Epstein-Barr virus in children in north-western Tanzania: a case control study.
- Authors: Kabyemera R, Masalu N, Rambau P, Kamugisha E, Kidenya B, De Rossi A, Petrara MR, Mwizamuholya D
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 7
- AIDS-related lymphoma in Brazil. Histopathology, immunophenotype, and association with Epstein-Barr virus.
- Authors: Bacchi CE, Bacchi MM, Rabenhorst SH, Soares FA, Fonseca LE Jr, Barbosa HS, Weiss LM, Gown AM
- Issue date: 1996 Feb
- Epstein-Barr virus is infrequently identified in non-Hodgkin's lymphomas associated with Hodgkin's disease.
- Authors: Kingma DW, Medeiros LJ, Barletta J, Raffeld M, Mann RB, Ambinder RF, Jaffe ES
- Issue date: 1994 Jan
- Epstein-Barr virus detection in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the oral cavity: an immunocytochemical and in situ hybridization study.
- Authors: Leong IT, Fernandes BJ, Mock D
- Issue date: 2001 Aug