Deep Learning and Medical Image Analysis for COVID-19 Diagnosis and Prediction.
JournalAnnual Review of Biomedical Engineering
PublisherAnnual Reviews Inc.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic has imposed dramatic challenges to health-care organizations worldwide. To combat the global crisis, the use of thoracic imaging has played a major role in the diagnosis, prediction, and management of COVID-19 patients with moderate to severe symptoms or with evidence of worsening respiratory status. In response, the medical image analysis community acted quickly to develop and disseminate deep learning models and tools to meet the urgent need of managing and interpreting large amounts of COVID-19 imaging data. This review aims to not only summarize existing deep learning and medical image analysis methods but also offer in-depth discussions and recommendations for future investigations. We believe that the wide availability of high-quality, curated, and benchmarked COVID-19 imaging data sets offers the great promise of a transformative test bed to develop, validate, and disseminate novel deep learning methods in the frontiers of data science and artificial intelligence.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/19202
- COVID-19 Image Segmentation Based on Deep Learning and Ensemble Learning.
- Authors: Meyer P, Müller D, Soto-Rey I, Kramer F
- Issue date: 2021 May 27
- A COVID-19 Pandemic Artificial Intelligence-Based System With Deep Learning Forecasting and Automatic Statistical Data Acquisition: Development and Implementation Study.
- Authors: Yu CS, Chang SS, Chang TH, Wu JL, Lin YJ, Chien HF, Chen RJ
- Issue date: 2021 May 20
- A deep learning algorithm using CT images to screen for Corona virus disease (COVID-19).
- Authors: Wang S, Kang B, Ma J, Zeng X, Xiao M, Guo J, Cai M, Yang J, Li Y, Meng X, Xu B
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- COVID-19 Pneumonia Diagnosis Using a Simple 2D Deep Learning Framework With a Single Chest CT Image: Model Development and Validation.
- Authors: Ko H, Chung H, Kang WS, Kim KW, Shin Y, Kang SJ, Lee JH, Kim YJ, Kim NY, Jung H, Lee J
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 29
- Artificial Intelligence and Medical Internet of Things Framework for Diagnosis of Coronavirus Suspected Cases.
- Authors: Iskanderani AI, Mehedi IM, Aljohani AJ, Shorfuzzaman M, Akther F, Palaniswamy T, Latif SA, Latif A, Alam A
- Issue date: 2021