Dual-Intended Deep Learning Model for Breast Cancer Diagnosis in Ultrasound Imaging.
Maldague, Xavier P V
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAutomated medical data analysis demonstrated a significant role in modern medicine, and cancer diagnosis/prognosis to achieve highly reliable and generalizable systems. In this study, an automated breast cancer screening method in ultrasound imaging is proposed. A convolutional deep autoencoder model is presented for simultaneous segmentation and radiomic extraction. The model segments the breast lesions while concurrently extracting radiomic features. With our deep model, we perform breast lesion segmentation, which is linked to low-dimensional deep-radiomic extraction (four features). Similarly, we used high dimensional conventional imaging throughputs and applied spectral embedding techniques to reduce its size from 354 to 12 radiomics. A total of 780 ultrasound images-437 benign, 210, malignant, and 133 normal-were used to train and validate the models in this study. To diagnose malignant lesions, we have performed training, hyperparameter tuning, cross-validation, and testing with a random forest model. This resulted in a binary classification accuracy of 78.5% (65.1-84.1%) for the maximal (full multivariate) cross-validated model for a combination of radiomic groups.
medical image analysis
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/19162
- Impartially Validated Multiple Deep-Chain Models to Detect COVID-19 in Chest X-ray Using Latent Space Radiomics.
- Authors: Yousefi B, Kawakita S, Amini A, Akbari H, Advani SM, Akhloufi M, Maldague XPV, Ahadian S
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 14
- Deep learning-based segmentation of breast masses in dedicated breast CT imaging: Radiomic feature stability between radiologists and artificial intelligence.
- Authors: Caballo M, Pangallo DR, Mann RM, Sechopoulos I
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- Deep learning for fully automated tumor segmentation and extraction of magnetic resonance radiomics features in cervical cancer.
- Authors: Lin YC, Lin CH, Lu HY, Chiang HJ, Wang HK, Huang YT, Ng SH, Hong JH, Yen TC, Lai CH, Lin G
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- Clinical value of radiomics and machine learning in breast ultrasound: a multicenter study for differential diagnosis of benign and malignant lesions.
- Authors: Romeo V, Cuocolo R, Apolito R, Stanzione A, Ventimiglia A, Vitale A, Verde F, Accurso A, Amitrano M, Insabato L, Gencarelli A, Buonocore R, Argenzio MR, Cascone AM, Imbriaco M, Maurea S, Brunetti A
- Issue date: 2021 Dec
- Magnetic resonance imaging radiomics predicts preoperative axillary lymph node metastasis to support surgical decisions and is associated with tumor microenvironment in invasive breast cancer: A machine learning, multicenter study.
- Authors: Yu Y, He Z, Ouyang J, Tan Y, Chen Y, Gu Y, Mao L, Ren W, Wang J, Lin L, Wu Z, Liu J, Ou Q, Hu Q, Li A, Chen K, Li C, Lu N, Li X, Su F, Liu Q, Xie C, Yao H
- Issue date: 2021 Jul