Validation of an MRI-based prostate cancer prebiopsy Gleason score predictive nomogram.
AuthorLee, Adrianna Jiaying
Wood, Bradford J
Merino, Maria J
Choyke, Peter L
Pinto, Peter A
Siddiqui, M Minhaj
PublisherLippincott Williams and Wilkins
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe mean PSA in the validation cohort was 9.25ng/mL versus 6.8ng/mL in the original cohort (p = 0.001). The distribution of Gleason scores between the 2 cohorts were not significantly different (p = 0.7). In the original cohort of men, the most probable nomogram generated Gleason score agreed with actual pathologic bGS findings in 61% of the men. In the validation cohort, the most likely nomogram predicted bGS agreed with actual pathologic bGS 51% of the time. The nomogram correctly identified any PCa versus non-PCa 63% of the time and clinically significant (Gleason score ≥ 7) PCa 69% of the time. The negative predictive value for clinically significant PCa using this prebiopsy nomogram was 74% in the validation group.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2022 The Authors. Published by Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/19044
- Clinical Utility of Negative Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Diagnosis of Prostate Cancer and Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer.
- Authors: Wagaskar VG, Levy M, Ratnani P, Moody K, Garcia M, Pedraza AM, Parekh S, Pandav K, Shukla B, Prasad S, Sobotka S, Haines K, Punnen S, Wiklund P, Tewari A
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- Utility of multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging suspicion levels for detecting prostate cancer.
- Authors: Rais-Bahrami S, Siddiqui MM, Turkbey B, Stamatakis L, Logan J, Hoang AN, Walton-Diaz A, Vourganti S, Truong H, Kruecker J, Merino MJ, Wood BJ, Choyke PL, Pinto PA
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Nomogram predicting prostate cancer in patients with negative prebiopsy multiparametric magnetic resonance.
- Authors: Chen M, Wang R, Zhang T, Zhang X, Wan Y, Fu X
- Issue date: 2022 Apr
- Prebiopsy Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis in Biopsy-naive Men with Suspected Prostate Cancer Based on Elevated Prostate-specific Antigen Values: Results from a Randomized Prospective Blinded Controlled Trial.
- Authors: Tonttila PP, Lantto J, Pääkkö E, Piippo U, Kauppila S, Lammentausta E, Ohtonen P, Vaarala MH
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- A 4K score/MRI-based nomogram for predicting prostate cancer, clinically significant prostate cancer, and unfavorable prostate cancer.
- Authors: Wagaskar VG, Sobotka S, Ratnani P, Young J, Lantz A, Parekh S, Falagario UG, Li L, Lewis S, Haines K 3rd, Punnen S, Wiklund P, Tewari A
- Issue date: 2021 Aug