The "Right" Definition for Post-Left Ventricular Assist Device Right Heart Failure: The More We Learn, the Less We Know.
JournalFrontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine
PublisherFrontiers Media S.A.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRight heart failure is a major cause of morbidity and mortality following left ventricular assist device implantation. Over the past few decades, the definition proposed by the Interagency Registry of Mechanical Circulatory Support and Society of Thoracic Surgeons has continually evolved to better identify this complex pathology. We propose that the latest definition proposed by the Mechanical Circulatory Support Academic Research Consortium in 2020 will increase our recognition and understanding of this complex disease phenomenon.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2022 Hall, Copeland, Alam and Joseph.
KeywordAcademic Research Consortium
Mechanical Circulatory Support
left ventricular assist device (LVAD)
right heart failure (RHF)
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18873
- Derivation and Validation of a Novel Right-Sided Heart Failure Model After Implantation of Continuous Flow Left Ventricular Assist Devices: The EUROMACS (European Registry for Patients with Mechanical Circulatory Support) Right-Sided Heart Failure Risk Score.
- Authors: Soliman OII, Akin S, Muslem R, Boersma E, Manintveld OC, Krabatsch T, Gummert JF, de By TMMH, Bogers AJJC, Zijlstra F, Mohacsi P, Caliskan K, EUROMACS Investigators
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 27
- Pulmonary Arterial Elastance and INTERMACS-Defined Right Heart Failure Following Left Ventricular Assist Device.
- Authors: Muslem R, Ong CS, Tomashitis B, Schultz J, Ramu B, Craig ML, Van Bakel AB, Gilotra NA, Sharma K, Hsu S, Whitman GJ, Leary PJ, Cogswell R, Lozonschi L, Houston BA, Zijlstra F, Caliskan K, Bogers AJJC, Tedford RJ
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Right heart failure after left ventricular assist device: From mechanisms to treatments.
- Authors: Bravo CA, Navarro AG, Dhaliwal KK, Khorsandi M, Keenan JE, Mudigonda P, O'Brien KD, Mahr C
- Issue date: 2022
- Mechanical circulatory support for the right ventricle in combination with a left ventricular assist device.
- Authors: Shimada S, Nawata K, Kinoshita O, Ono M
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Right heart failure and "failure to thrive" after left ventricular assist device: clinical predictors and outcomes.
- Authors: Baumwol J, Macdonald PS, Keogh AM, Kotlyar E, Spratt P, Jansz P, Hayward CS
- Issue date: 2011 Aug