Copeptin Levels Before and After Transsphenoidal Surgery for Cushing Disease: A Potential Early Marker of Remission.
Sierra, Maria De La Luz
Stratakis, Constantine A
JournalJournal of the Endocrine Society
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractForty-four patients (64% female, aged 7-55 years) were included, and 19 developed neither diabetes insipidus (DI) or syndrome of inappropriate anti-diuresis (SIADH). Thirty-three had follow-up at least 3 months postoperatively. There was no difference in peak postoperative copeptin in remission (6.1 pmol/L [4.3-12.1]) vs no remission (7.3 pmol/L [5.4-8.4], P = 0.88). Excluding those who developed DI or SIADH, there was no difference in peak postoperative copeptin in remission (10.2 pmol/L [6.9-21.0]) vs no remission (5.4 pmol/L [4.6-7.3], P = 0.20). However, a higher peak postoperative copeptin level was found in those in remission (14.6 pmol/L [±10.9] vs 5.8 (±1.4), P = 0.03]) with parametric testing. There was no difference in the Δcopeptin by remission status.
Rights/TermsPublished by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Endocrine Society 2022.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18806
- Postoperative Copeptin Concentration Predicts Diabetes Insipidus After Pituitary Surgery.
- Authors: Winzeler B, Zweifel C, Nigro N, Arici B, Bally M, Schuetz P, Blum CA, Kelly C, Berkmann S, Huber A, Gentili F, Zadeh G, Landolt H, Mariani L, Müller B, Christ-Crain M
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Postoperative Copeptin as a Biomarker for Development of Diabetes Insipidus Following Hypothalamic-Pituitary Surgery.
- Authors: Vanasuntorn A, Hansasuta A, Chailurkit LO, Sriphrapradang C
- Issue date: 2021 May
- Changes in copeptin levels before and 3 months after transsphenoidal surgery according to the presence of postoperative central diabetes insipidus.
- Authors: Kim YH, Kim YH, Je YS, Lee KR, Lim HS, Kim JH
- Issue date: 2021 Aug 26
- Plasma Apelin Concentrations in Patients With Polyuria-Polydipsia Syndrome.
- Authors: Urwyler SA, Timper K, Fenske W, de Mota N, Blanchard A, Kühn F, Frech N, Arici B, Rutishauser J, Kopp P, Stettler C, Müller B, Katan M, Llorens-Cortes C, Christ-Crain M
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Copeptin concentrations during psychological stress: the PsyCo study.
- Authors: Siegenthaler J, Walti C, Urwyler SA, Schuetz P, Christ-Crain M
- Issue date: 2014 Dec