Early Kidney Allograft Dysfunction (Threatened Allograft): Comparative Effectiveness of Continuing Versus Discontinuation of Tacrolimus and Use of Sirolimus to Prevent Graft Failure: A Retrospective Patient-Centered Outcome Study.
AuthorWali, Ravinder K
Prentice, Heather A
Drachenberg, Cinthia I
Pappadimitriou, John C
Weir, Matthew R
PublisherWolters Kluwer Health
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWeighted odds for death-censored graft failure (odds ratio [OR], 1.20; 95% confidence interval [95% CI], 0.66-2.19, P = 0.555) was similar in the 2 groups, but a trend for increased risk of greater than 50% loss in estimated glomerular filtration rate from baseline in sirolimus group (OR, 1.90; 95% CI, 0.96-3.76; P = 0.067) compared with tacrolimus group. Sirloimus group compared with tacrolimus group had increased risk for death with functioning graft (OR, 2.01; 95% CI, 1.29-3.14; P = 0.002) as well as increased risk of late death (death after graft failure while on dialysis) (OR, 2.39; 95% CI, 1.59-3.59; P < 0.001). Analysis of subgroups based on the absence or presence of T cell-mediated rejection or tubulointerstitial inflammation in the index biopsy, or the use of different types of induction agents, and all subgroups had increased risk of death with functioning graft and late death if exposed to sirolimus-based therapy.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18794
- Comparison of sirolimus plus tacrolimus versus sirolimus plus cyclosporine in high-risk renal allograft recipients: results from an open-label, randomized trial.
- Authors: Gaber AO, Kahan BD, Van Buren C, Schulman SL, Scarola J, Neylan JF, Sirolimus High-Risk Study Group.
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 15
- Belatacept for kidney transplant recipients.
- Authors: Masson P, Henderson L, Chapman JR, Craig JC, Webster AC
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 24
- Decreased acute rejection and improved renal allograft survival using sirolimus and low-dose calcineurin inhibitors without induction therapy.
- Authors: Tsai MK, Wu FL, Lai IR, Lee CY, Hu RH, Lee PH
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- A Comparative Effectiveness Analysis of Early Steroid Withdrawal in Black Kidney Transplant Recipients.
- Authors: Taber DJ, Hunt KJ, Gebregziabher M, Srinivas T, Chavin KD, Baliga PK, Egede LE
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 6
- Polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies for induction therapy in kidney transplant recipients.
- Authors: Hill P, Cross NB, Barnett AN, Palmer SC, Webster AC
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 11