Quantification of Plasma miRNAs by Digital PCR for Cancer Diagnosis.
PublisherSAGE Publications Inc.
MetadataShow full item record
Abstractotential approach for cancer diagnosis. However, absolutely quantifying low abundant plasma miRNAs is challenging with qPCR. Digital PCR offers a unique means for assessment of nucleic acids presenting at low levels in plasma. This study aimed to evaluate the efficacy of digital PCR for quantification of plasma miRNAs and the potential utility of this technique for cancer diagnosis. We used digital PCR to quantify the copy number of plasma microRNA-21-5p (miR-21–5p) and microRNA-335–3p (miR-335–3p) in 36 lung cancer patients and 38 controls. Digital PCR showed a high degree of linearity and quantitative correlation with miRNAs in a dynamic range from 1 to 10,000 copies/μL of input, with high reproducibility. qPCR exhibited a dynamic range from 100 to 1X107 copies/μL of input. Digital PCR had a higher sensitivity to detect copy number of the miRNAs compared with qPCR. In plasma, digital PCR could detect copy number of both miR-21–5p and miR-335–3p, whereas qPCR was only able to assess miR-21–5p. Quantification of the plasma miRNAs by digital PCR provided 71.8% sensitivity and 80.6% specificity in distinguishing lung cancer patients from cancer-free subjects.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18749
- Digital PCR quantification of miRNAs in sputum for diagnosis of lung cancer.
- Authors: Li N, Ma J, Guarnera MA, Fang H, Cai L, Jiang F
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Plasma microRNAs as potential new biomarkers for early detection of early gastric cancer.
- Authors: Zhu XL, Ren LF, Wang HP, Bai ZT, Zhang L, Meng WB, Zhu KX, Ding FH, Miao L, Yan J, Wang YP, Liu YQ, Zhou WC, Li X
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 7
- A comparison between quantitative PCR and droplet digital PCR technologies for circulating microRNA quantification in human lung cancer.
- Authors: Campomenosi P, Gini E, Noonan DM, Poli A, D'Antona P, Rotolo N, Dominioni L, Imperatori A
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 18
- Identification of candidate microRNA markers of endometriosis with the use of next-generation sequencing and quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction.
- Authors: Papari E, Noruzinia M, Kashani L, Foster WG
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Clinical Significance of Circulating miR-1273g-3p and miR-122-5p in Pancreatic Cancer.
- Authors: Mazza T, Gioffreda D, Fontana A, Biagini T, Carella M, Palumbo O, Maiello E, Bazzocchi F, Andriulli A, Tavano F
- Issue date: 2020