JournalIndian Journal of Medical Research
PublisherWolters Kluwer Health
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGlobally, cervical cancer has the fourth highest cancer incidence and mortality in women. Cervical cancer is unique because it has effective prevention, screening, and treatment options. This review discusses the current cervical cancer advances with a focus on locally advanced cervical cancer. Topics discussed include diagnostic imaging principles, surgical management with adjuvant therapy and definitive concurrent chemoradiotherapy. Emphasis is given on current advances and future research directions in radiation therapy (RT) with an emphasis on three-dimensional brachytherapy, intensity-modulated RT, image-guided RT, proton RT and hyperthermia.
intensity-modulated radiation therapy
locally advanced cervical cancer
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18599
- Feasibility study of toxicity outcomes using GEC-ESTRO contouring guidelines on CT based instead of MRI-based planning in locally advanced cervical cancer patients.
- Authors: Koh V, Choo BA, Lee KM, Tan TH, Low JH, Ng SY, Ilancheran A, Shen L, Tang J
- Issue date: 2017 Jan-Feb
- Less Than Whole Uterus Irradiation for Locally Advanced Cervical Cancer Maintains Locoregional Control and Decreases Radiation Dose to Bowel.
- Authors: Kozak MM, Koenig JL, von Eyben R, Kidd EA
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- Efficacy of helical tomotherapy combined with CT-guided three-dimensional intracavitary brachytherapy in treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer.
- Authors: Ye X, Ye P, Zheng Y, Xia W
- Issue date: 2021 Jul-Aug
- Advances in Radiation Oncology for the Treatment of Cervical Cancer.
- Authors: Faye MD, Alfieri J
- Issue date: 2022 Feb 9
- Effectiveness of Image-guided Brachytherapy in Patients With Locally Advanced Cervical Squamous Cell Carcinoma Receiving Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy.
- Authors: Chen SW, Liang JA, Hung YC, Yeh LS, Chang WC, Lin WC, Chang YY
- Issue date: 2019 Jun