Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Antibody Seroprevalence in Decedents Undergoing Forensic Postmortem Examination: Feasibility for Real-Time Pandemic Surveillance.
AuthorCoburn, Sally B
Manabe, Yukari C
Sherman, Susan G
Baker, Owen R
Quinn, Thomas C
Graham, Lindsey A
Dennis Thomas, F
Weedn, Victor W
Shields, Wendy C
Michael, Jeffrey Paul
Althoff, Keri N
JournalOpen Forum Infectious Diseases
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAmong 1906 decedents, 305 (16%) were positive for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. Monthly seroprevalence increased from 11% to 22% over time and was consistently higher than state-level estimates of testing positivity. Hispanic ethnicity was associated with 2- to 3.2-fold higher seropositivity (P < .05) irrespective of sex. Deaths due to motor vehicle crash were associated with 62% increased seropositivity (aPR, 1.62 [95% CI, 1.15-2.28]) vs natural manner of death. Though seroprevalence was lower in decedents of illicit drug overdose vs nonoverdose in early months, this shifted, and seroprevalence was comparable by November 2020.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2022. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of Infectious Diseases Society of America.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18579
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Antibody Status in Decedents Undergoing Forensic Postmortem Examination in Maryland, May 24 to June 30, 2020.
- Authors: Althoff KN, Laeyendecker O, Li R, Coburn SB, Klock E, Baker OR, Quinn TC, Michael J, Shields WC, Ehsani J, Thomas FD, Graham LA, Ali Z, Manabe YC, Li L
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Use of US Blood Donors for National Serosurveillance of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Antibodies: Basis for an Expanded National Donor Serosurveillance Program.
- Authors: Stone M, Di Germanio C, Wright DJ, Sulaeman H, Dave H, Fink RV, Notari EP, Green V, Strauss D, Kessler D, Destree M, Saa P, Williamson PC, Simmons G, Stramer SL, Opsomer J, Jones JM, Kleinman S, Busch MP, NHLBI Recipient Epidemiology and Donor Evaluation Study-IV-Pediatric (REDS-IV-P).
- Issue date: 2022 Mar 9
- Prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in a large nationwide sample of patients on dialysis in the USA: a cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Anand S, Montez-Rath M, Han J, Bozeman J, Kerschmann R, Beyer P, Parsonnet J, Chertow GM
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 24
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 seroprevalence in South-Central Uganda, during 2019-2021.
- Authors: Ssuuna C, Galiwango RM, Kankaka EN, Kagaayi J, Ndyanabo A, Kigozi G, Nakigozi G, Lutalo T, Ssekubugu R, Wasswa JB, Mayinja A, Nakibuuka MC, Jamiru S, Oketch JB, Muwanga E, Chang LW, Grabowski MK, Wawer M, Gray R, Anderson M, Stec M, Cloherty G, Laeyendecker O, Reynolds SJ, Quinn TC, Serwadda D
- Issue date: 2022 Feb 21
- SARS-CoV-2 antibody seroprevalence in the general population and high-risk occupational groups across 18 cities in Iran: a population-based cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Poustchi H, Darvishian M, Mohammadi Z, Shayanrad A, Delavari A, Bahadorimonfared A, Eslami S, Javanmard SH, Shakiba E, Somi MH, Emami A, Saki N, Hormati A, Ansari-Moghaddam A, Saeedi M, Ghasemi-Kebria F, Mohebbi I, Mansour-Ghanaei F, Karami M, Sharifi H, Pourfarzi F, Veisi N, Ghadimi R, Eghtesad S, Niavarani A, Ali Asgari A, Sadeghi A, Sorouri M, Anushiravani A, Amani M, Kaveh S, Feizesani A, Tabarsi P, Keyvani H, Markarian M, Shafighian F, Sima A, Sadjadi A, Radmard AR, Mokdad AH, Sharafkhah M, Malekzadeh R
- Issue date: 2021 Apr