Ruptured Iliac Arteriovenous Fistula Presenting With Thigh Pain and Swelling: Case Report
JournalFrontiers in Surgery
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe presentation of abdominal arteriovenous fistulas is classically described as a triad of a pulsatile abdominal mass with a bruit, high-output heart failure, and regional venous hypertension with primarily open operative therapy. In the following case, we present the treatment of a patient who arrived with acute right heart failure and renal failure due to an arteriovenous fistula and who was successfully treated with endovascular repair.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2022 Morton, Endicott, Penikis, Toursavadkohi and Hall.
Keywordhigh output heart failure
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18516
- An open approach to a ruptured common iliac artery aneurysm with resultant ilio-iliac arteriovenous fistula.
- Authors: Lim ET, Khanafer A
- Issue date: 2022 Sep 2
- Iliocaval arteriovenous fistula presenting with multiple organ failure.
- Authors: Lim RP, Stella DL, Dowling RJ, Campbell WA, Hebbard GS
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Endovascular Repair of a Chronic AV Fistula Presenting as Post-Partum High Output Heart Failure.
- Authors: Kubelik D, Morellato J, Jetty P, Brandys T, Hajjar G, Hill A, Nagpal S
- Issue date: 2016
- Simultaneous endovascular repair of an iatrogenic carotid-jugular fistula and a large iliocaval fistula presenting with multiorgan failure: a case report.
- Authors: Yuminaga Y, Mohabbat W, Nguyen T, Thompson AM, Fisher CM
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 24
- Endovascular treatment of an ilio-iliac arteriovenous fistula accompanied by venous thromboembolism presenting with multiple organ failure - A case report and literature review.
- Authors: Wang T, Zhao J, Yuan D
- Issue date: 2022 Feb