Immunotherapy-Associated Hypothyroidism: Comparison of the Pre-Existing With Hypothyroidism.
AuthorKristan, Megan M
Goyal, Rachna M
JournalFrontiers in Endocrinology
PublisherFrontiers Media S.A.
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract822 patients were screened, with 85 determined to have pre-existing hypothyroidism, 48 de-novo primary hypothyroidism and 12 de-novo hypophysitis. All groups displayed fluctuations in TFTs around weeks 6-8 of treatment. In the pre-existing hypothyroidism group, the levothyroxine dose was higher at 54 weeks than at baseline with the difference showing a trend towards statistical significance (p=0.06). The observed mean levothyroxine dose was significantly lower than the mean calculated weight-based dose for all groups. This finding was most clinically significant for the de-novo hypophysitis group (mean difference: -58.3 mcg, p<0.0001). The mean 0.9 mcg/kg levothyroxine dose at week 54 for the de-novo hypophysitis group was statistically lower than the other groups (p=0.009).
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2022 Kristan, Toro-Tobon, Francis, Desale, Bikas, Jonklaas and Goyal.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18444
- Optimal Thyroid Hormone Replacement Dose in Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-Associated Hypothyroidism Is Distinct from Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.
- Authors: Mosaferi T, Tsai K, Sovich S, Wilhalme H, Kathuria-Prakash N, Praw SS, Drakaki A, Angell TE, Lechner MG
- Issue date: 2022 May
- Outcomes and Management of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-Induced Hypothyroidism: A Retrospective Analysis.
- Authors: Phillips AL, Reeves DJ
- Issue date: 2022 Oct
- Effect of Levothyroxine on Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction in Patients With Subclinical Hypothyroidism and Acute Myocardial Infarction: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Jabbar A, Ingoe L, Junejo S, Carey P, Addison C, Thomas H, Parikh JD, Austin D, Hollingsworth KG, Stocken DD, Pearce SHS, Greenwood JP, Zaman A, Razvi S
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 21
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy for Older Adults with Subclinical Hypothyroidism.
- Authors: Stott DJ, Rodondi N, Kearney PM, Ford I, Westendorp RGJ, Mooijaart SP, Sattar N, Aubert CE, Aujesky D, Bauer DC, Baumgartner C, Blum MR, Browne JP, Byrne S, Collet TH, Dekkers OM, den Elzen WPJ, Du Puy RS, Ellis G, Feller M, Floriani C, Hendry K, Hurley C, Jukema JW, Kean S, Kelly M, Krebs D, Langhorne P, McCarthy G, McCarthy V, McConnachie A, McDade M, Messow M, O'Flynn A, O'Riordan D, Poortvliet RKE, Quinn TJ, Russell A, Sinnott C, Smit JWA, Van Dorland HA, Walsh KA, Walsh EK, Watt T, Wilson R, Gussekloo J, TRUST Study Group
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 29
- Screening and subsequent management for thyroid dysfunction pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy for improving maternal and infant health.
- Authors: Spencer L, Bubner T, Bain E, Middleton P
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 21