Elevated Plasma von Willebrand Factor Levels Are Associated With Subsequent Ischemic Stroke in Persons With Treated HIV Infection.
AuthorGraham, Susan M
Nance, Robin M
Chung, Dominic W
Wurfel, Mark M
Tirschwell, David L
Zunt, Joseph R
Marra, Christina M
Ho, Emily L
Chow, Felicia C
Martin, Jeffrey N
Ryan, Alice S
Crane, Heidi M
López, José A
Liles, W Conrad
JournalOpen Forum Infectious Diseases
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAfter adjustment for age and sex, higher plasma viral load and higher angiopoeitin-2, soluble CD14, and VWF were associated with increased odds of ischemic stroke; higher nadir CD4 count was associated with decreased odds of ischemic stroke. VWF remained associated with subsequent ischemic stroke after adjustment for ASCVD score (adjusted odds, 1.74; 95% CI, 1.01-2.98 per log2 increment). In a separate model adjusting for VACS score, only VWF (adjusted odds, 1.80; 95% CI, 1.04-3.12 per log2 increment) was associated with subsequent ischemic stroke. In a sensitivity analysis excluding participants with viral load ≥400 copies/mL, associations between VWF and ischemic stroke were attenuated, with risk estimates ranging from 1.59 to 1.64 per log2 increment.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2021. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of Infectious Diseases Society of America.
von Willebrand factor
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18416
- Von Willebrand Factor Adhesive Activity and ADAMTS13 Protease Activity in HIV-1-Infected Men.
- Authors: Graham SM, Chen J, Le J, Ling M, Chung DW, Liles WC, López JA
- Issue date: 2019
- Endothelial activation, haemostasis and thrombosis biomarkers in Ugandan children with severe malaria participating in a clinical trial.
- Authors: Graham SM, Chen J, Chung DW, Barker KR, Conroy AL, Hawkes MT, Namasopo S, Kain KC, López JA, Liles WC
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 2
- Prognostic value of plasma von Willebrand factor and soluble P-selectin as indices of endothelial damage and platelet activation in 994 patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.
- Authors: Conway DS, Pearce LA, Chin BS, Hart RG, Lip GY
- Issue date: 2003 Jul 1
- High von Willebrand factor levels increase the risk of first ischemic stroke: influence of ADAMTS13, inflammation, and genetic variability.
- Authors: Bongers TN, de Maat MP, van Goor ML, Bhagwanbali V, van Vliet HH, Gómez García EB, Dippel DW, Leebeek FW
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Plasma levels of active Von Willebrand factor are increased in patients with first ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: a multicenter and multiethnic study.
- Authors: Rutten B, Maseri A, Cianflone D, Laricchia A, Cristell NA, Durante A, Spartera M, Ancona F, Limite L, Hu D, Li H, Uren NG, de Groot PG, Mannucci PM, Roest M
- Issue date: 2015 Feb