APTA Cross Sections and Academies Recommendations for COVID-19 Core Outcome Measures.
AuthorWells, Chris L
Mayer, Kirby P
JournalJournal of Acute Care Physical Therapy
PublisherAcute Care Section-APTA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAbstract The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) emerged as a major health concern within the United States in early 2020. Because this is a novel virus, little guidance exists for best practice to evaluate this population within the field of physical therapy. Methods: An expert task force appointed by the leadership of 9 different academies or sections of the American Physical Therapy Association was formed to develop recommendations for a set of core outcome measures for individuals with or recovering from COVID-19. Results: This perspective provides guidance on a best practice recommendation to physical therapists and researchers regarding the use of core outcome measures for individuals with or recovering from COVID-19. The process for the selection of core measures for this population is presented and discussed. Conclusions: Core outcome measures improve the ability to track progress and change across the continuum of care at both the patient and population levels.
Rights/Terms© 2021 Academy of Acute Care Physical Therapy, APTA.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18400
- The future of Cochrane Neonatal.
- Authors: Soll RF, Ovelman C, McGuire W
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- A Core Set of Outcome Measures for Adults With Neurologic Conditions Undergoing Rehabilitation: A CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINE.
- Authors: Moore JL, Potter K, Blankshain K, Kaplan SL, OʼDwyer LC, Sullivan JE
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Recommendations on evidence needed to support measurement equivalence between electronic and paper-based patient-reported outcome (PRO) measures: ISPOR ePRO Good Research Practices Task Force report.
- Authors: Coons SJ, Gwaltney CJ, Hays RD, Lundy JJ, Sloan JA, Revicki DA, Lenderking WR, Cella D, Basch E, ISPOR ePRO Task Force
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- The Effectiveness of Integrated Care Pathways for Adults and Children in Health Care Settings: A Systematic Review.
- Authors: Allen D, Gillen E, Rixson L
- Issue date: 2009
- Outcome Measures for Persons With Moderate to Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: Recommendations From the American Physical Therapy Association Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy TBI EDGE Task Force.
- Authors: McCulloch KL, de Joya AL, Hays K, Donnelly E, Johnson TK, Nirider CD, Roth H, Saliga S, Ward I
- Issue date: 2016 Oct