Augmented fluoroscopy guided transbronchial pulmonary microwave ablation using a steerable sheath.
Elsakka, Ahmed S
Kim, Hyun S
Short, Robert F
Tam, Alda Lui
Suh, Robert D
Solomon, Stephen B
JournalTranslational Lung Cancer Research
PublisherSociety for Translational Medicine (STM)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEighteen targets with a median largest diameter of 9 mm (interquartile range, 7-11 mm) were ablated in 9 pigs. Median needle-target center distance was 2 mm (interquartile range, 0-4 mm), and was higher for lower/middle than for upper lobes [0 mm (interquartile range, 0-4 mm) vs. 4 mm (interquartile range, 3-8 mm), P=0.04]. No severe complications or pneumothorax occurred. Two cases of rib fractures in the ablation zone resolved after medical treatment. Median longest axis of the ablation zone on post-ablation computed tomography was 38 mm (interquartile range, 30-40 mm). Histology showed coagulation necrosis of ablated tissue.
Rights/Terms2022 Translational Lung Cancer Research. All rights reserved.
cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT)
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18316
- Endovascular steerable and endobronchial precurved guiding sheaths for transbronchial needle delivery under augmented fluoroscopy and cone beam CT image guidance.
- Authors: de Ruiter QMB, Fontana JR, Pritchard WF, Mauda-Havakuk M, Bakhutashvili I, Esparza-Trujillo JA, Varble NA, Verstege M, Xu S, Seifabadi R, Browning RF, Wood BJ, Karanian JW
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- Cone beam CT augmented fluoroscopy allows safe and efficient diagnosis of a difficult lung nodule.
- Authors: Piro R, Fontana M, Casalini E, Taddei S, Bertolini M, Iori M, Facciolongo N
- Issue date: 2021 Oct 20
- Endobronchial Navigation Guided by Cone-Beam CT-Based Augmented Fluoroscopy without a Bronchoscope: Feasibility Study in Phantom and Swine.
- Authors: de Ruiter QMB, Karanian JW, Bakhutashvili I, Esparza-Trujillo JA, Varble NA, van der Sterren W, Schampaert S, van der Bom IMJ, Li X, Mauda-Havakuk M, Fontana JR, Pritchard WF, Wood BJ
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Transbronchial Biopsy Using an Ultrathin Bronchoscope Guided by Cone-Beam Computed Tomography and Virtual Bronchoscopic Navigation in the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Nodules.
- Authors: Ali EAA, Takizawa H, Kawakita N, Sawada T, Tsuboi M, Toba H, Takashima M, Matsumoto D, Yoshida M, Kawakami Y, Kondo K, Khairy El-Badrawy M, Tangoku A
- Issue date: 2019
- Cone-Beam CT With Augmented Fluoroscopy Combined With Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy for Biopsy of Pulmonary Nodules.
- Authors: Pritchett MA, Schampaert S, de Groot JAH, Schirmer CC, van der Bom I
- Issue date: 2018 Oct