Post-acute long-term care COVID-19 medication optimization survey: Informing medication management initiatives.
JournalGeriatric Nursing (New York, N.Y.)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Medication Management Guide (MMG) provides guidance on strategies to optimize medication management in PA-LTC and simplify administration to reduce the transmission risk of COVID-19. The objectives of this study were to evaluate the utility of the MMG, determine the barriers and facilitators of the MMG implementation in PALTC sites to help inform future research and initiatives. Individuals who accessed MMG during the pandemic (April 2020-March 2021) were contacted to elicit feedback on this tool via an online survey. The survey response rate was 7.7% (156/2,018) after three rounds of emails. Respondents consisted of 31% (n=49) pharmacists, 27% (n=42) physicians, 11% (n=18) nurses, and 12% (n=19) nurse practitioners. The “Other” respondents (11%, n=17) included dieticians (n=4), physician assistants (n=3), pharmacy technicians (n=3), students (n=1), consultants (n=1), and educators (n=2). From these respondents, 77% (n=122) took tactics to optimize medications at their facilities during COVID-19.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18222
- Utilizing Pharmacists to Optimize Medication Management Strategies During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Authors: Burgess LH, Cooper MK, Wiggins EH, Miller KM, Murray E, Harris S, Kramer JS
- Issue date: 2022 Apr
- Optimization of Medication Use at Accountable Care Organizations.
- Authors: Wilks C, Krisle E, Westrich K, Lunner K, Muhlestein D, Dubois R
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Analysis of costs to dispense prescriptions in independently owned, closed-door long-term care pharmacies.
- Authors: Carroll NV, Rupp MT, Holdford DA
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Pharmacy Emergency Preparedness and Response (PEPR): a proposed framework for expanding pharmacy professionals' roles and contributions to emergency preparedness and response during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
- Authors: Aruru M, Truong HA, Clark S
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Physician assistant student exposure to the long-term care setting by working with a consultant pharmacist.
- Authors: Hale LS, Morton JM, Albers JN, Pham GT
- Issue date: 2012