Mainstreaming Genetic Testing for Epithelial Ovarian Cancer by Oncology Providers: A Survey of Current Practice.
JournalJCO Precision Oncology
PublisherAmerican Society of Clinical Oncology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe received 170 evaluable responses. Eighty-five percent of providers always ordered genetic testing for patients with EOC. Most providers ordered germline multigene panel testing (95.8%), generally at diagnosis (64.5%). Provider confidence with the genetic testing process was generally high and significantly differed by providers' testing practices, namely, respondents who reported always ordering genetic testing tended to be more confident in ordering testing (P = .008), interpreting results (P = .005), and counseling a patient (P = .002). Patient disinterest and concerns for insurance coverage were commonly cited as barriers to testing and referrals.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18046
- Cancer Genetic Counseling and Testing: Perspectives of Epithelial Ovarian Cancer Patients and Gynecologic Oncology Healthcare Providers.
- Authors: Liang MI, Wong DH, Walsh CS, Farias-Eisner R, Cohen JG
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- The development and evaluation of a nationwide training program for oncology health professionals in the provision of genetic testing for ovarian cancer patients.
- Authors: Gleeson M, Kentwell M, Meiser B, Do J, Nevin S, Taylor N, Barlow-Stewart K, Kirk J, James P, Scott CL, Williams R, Gamet K, Burke J, Murphy M, Antill YC, Pearn A, Pachter N, Ebzery C, Poplawski N, Friedlander M, Tucker KM, Australian Genetic Testing Mainstreaming Collaborative Group
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- BRCA testing in women with high-grade serous ovarian cancer: gynecologic oncologist-initiated testing compared with genetics referral.
- Authors: Piedimonte S, Power J, Foulkes WD, Weber E, Palma L, Schiavi A, Ambrosio E, Konci R, Gilbert L, Jardon K, Baret L, Zeng X
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Physicians' experience, practice and education, on genetic testing and genetic counseling: a nationwide survey study in Greece.
- Authors: Fountzilas E, Apostolou P, Vasiliadis AV, Aivazi D, Saloustros E, Fostira F
- Issue date: 2022 Oct
- Increasing genetic counseling referral rates through bundled interventions after ovarian cancer diagnosis.
- Authors: Swanson CL, Kumar A, Maharaj JM, Kemppainen JL, Thomas BC, Weinhold MR, Slaby KM, Mara KC, Wick MJ, Bakkum-Gamez JN
- Issue date: 2018 Apr