Mainstreaming Genetic Testing for Epithelial Ovarian Cancer by Oncology Providers: A Survey of Current Practice.
JournalJCO Precision Oncology
PublisherAmerican Society of Clinical Oncology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe received 170 evaluable responses. Eighty-five percent of providers always ordered genetic testing for patients with EOC. Most providers ordered germline multigene panel testing (95.8%), generally at diagnosis (64.5%). Provider confidence with the genetic testing process was generally high and significantly differed by providers' testing practices, namely, respondents who reported always ordering genetic testing tended to be more confident in ordering testing (P = .008), interpreting results (P = .005), and counseling a patient (P = .002). Patient disinterest and concerns for insurance coverage were commonly cited as barriers to testing and referrals.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/18046
- Oncologist-led <i>BRCA</i> counselling improves access to cancer genetic testing in middle-income Asian country, with no significant impact on psychosocial outcomes.
- Authors: Yoon SY, Wong SW, Lim J, Ahmad S, Mariapun S, Padmanabhan H, Hassan NT, Lau SY, Ch'ng GS, Haniffa M, Ong WP, Rethanavelu K, Moey LH, Keng WT, Omar J, Mohd Abas MN, Yong CM, Ramasamy V, Md Noor MR, Aliyas I, Lim MCK, Suberamaniam A, Mat Adenan NA, Ahmad ZA, Ho GF, Abdul Malik R, Subramaniam S, Khoo BP, Raja A, Chin YS, Sim WW, Teh BH, Kho SK, Ong ESE, Voon PJ, Ismail G, Lee CL, Abdullah BZ, Loo KS, Lim CS, Lee SJ, Lim KJL, Shafiee MN, Ismail F, Latiff ZA, Ismail MP, Mohamed Jamli MF, Kumarasamy S, Leong KW, Low J, Md Yusof M, Ahmad Mustafa AM, Mat Ali NH, Makanjang M, Tayib S, Cheah N, Lim BK, Fong CK, Foo YC, Mellor Abdullah M, Tan TS, Chow DSY, Ho KF, Raman R, Radzi A, Deniel A, Teoh DCY, Ang SF, Joseph JK, Ng PHO, Tho LM, Ahmad AR, Muin I, Bleiker E, George A, Thong MK, Woo YL, Teo SH
- Issue date: 2022 Mar
- Positive experiences of healthcare professionals with a mainstreaming approach of germline genetic testing for women with ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Bokkers K, Zweemer RP, Koudijs MJ, Stehouwer S, Velthuizen ME, Bleiker EMA, Ausems MGEM
- Issue date: 2022 Jul
- "I think that a brief conversation from their provider can go a very long way": Patient and provider perspectives on barriers and facilitators of genetic testing after ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Mallen AR, Conley CC, Fuzzell L, Ketcher D, Augusto BM, McIntyre M, Barton LV, Townsend MK, Fridley BL, Tworoger SS, Wenham RM, Vadaparampil ST
- Issue date: 2021 May
- Awareness of genetic counseling and genetic testing for hereditary gynecologic cancers among Korean healthcare providers: A survey.
- Authors: Kim M, Cheol Lim M, Ji Nam E, Huang D, Kim S, Jong Yoo H, Lee YY, Chang YJ, on the behalf of the sub-committee of Hereditary Gynecologic Cancers in the Korean Society of Gynecologic Oncology (KSGO).
- Issue date: 2022 Apr
- Oncologist-Reported Reasons for Not Ordering Multimarker Tumor Panels: Results From a Nationally Representative Survey.
- Authors: Roberts MC, Spees LP, Freedman AN, Klein WMP, Prabhu Das I, Butler EN, de Moor JS
- Issue date: 2021