Peroneal Artery-based Propeller Flap to Cover the Medial Distal Tibia in the Absence of the Posterior Tibial Artery.
JournalPlastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Global Open
PublisherWolters Kluwer Health
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA healthy 28-year-old woman restrained driver presented to the trauma unit post-MVC with significant vehicular intrusion. Examination demonstrated a 15-cm transverse wound over the medial malleolus and anterior ankle with exposed muscle, tendon, and bone without gross contamination. Her physical examination was otherwise unremarkable. Distal to the wound, there was no Doppler signal in either dorsalis pedis or posterior tibial arteries and the foot appeared cold with delayed cap refill. She was taken to the operating room urgently for debridement and irrigation, open reduction internal fixation of both distal tibia and fibular fractures, and supplemental external fixation application. The foot regained a normal color and capillary refill upon reduction, and biphasic Doppler signals returned. Copyright © 2019 The Authors.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2019 The Authors. Published by Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. on behalf of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/17973
- [The Bosworth ankle fracture (case report)].
- Authors: Jehlicka D, Bartonícek J, Rysavý M
- Issue date: 2001
- [Propeller flap with adipofascial tissue based on peroneal artery perforator for repairing the wound with a dead space in foot and ankle].
- Authors: Zhou Z, Tang J, Liang J, Wu P, Yu F, Zeng L, Pang X, Pan D, Xiao Y
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- [V-Y ADVANCEMENT OF MEDIAL GASTROCNEMIUS MUSCLE FLAP FOR REPAIRING SOFT TISSUE DEFECTS IN MIDDLE AND LOWER SEGMENTS OF ANTERIOR TIBIA].
- Authors: Cui H, Xiao H, He K, Peng Y, Bian Z, Wang H
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 8
- [TIBIAL PERIOSTEAL FLAP PEDICLED WITH INTERMUSCULAR BRANCH OF POSTERIOR TIBIAL VESSELS COMBINED WITH AUTOLOGOUS BONE GRAFT FOR TIBIAL BONE DEFECT].
- Authors: Ni Y, Gao S, Zhang J, Dong H, Zhang Y, Fu J
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Acute Compartment Syndrome of the Leg Following Injury to Perforating Branch of Peroneal Artery After a Severe Ankle Sprain in a Pediatric Patient - A Case and a Review of Literature.
- Authors: Raad M, Anugraha A
- Issue date: 2020 Nov